Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Vintage Varenna.... maybe..

Clicker

I  have  made  one of my  photographs  from my Italian  trip into a vintage postcard  of Varenna ... the opposite  work to that which I normally do ..ie  restore old and damaged  Victorian  images  to their  original state where possible  so ... instead of removing creases and torn corners I  have re introduced them , taken the  vibrant colours back to faded sepia .... Typed  in the name with an old typewriter Font  and generally abused the image ...:lol:

old-varenna-postcard-small-3.thumb.jpg.d

Polly and I have a long history of restoring old photos - that's how we met. I just wonder how many we've restored over the last 10 years.

Polly,  I was tempted to say 'can you scan it at 600 dpi and would you like it coloured?'

Private joke :lol:

Thousands  haven't we.? I still have them all on my back up hard drive....  I remember one restore took me 178 hours to do ....   We were always struggling to get people to scan old photos correctly though ... You need such a high resolution copy  to do a good quality restore.  Hence  the private joke ... It seemed we were forever asking people to rescan their old pics..... :lol:

Thanks for your comments Ron...  I'm pleased you think it would pass as an old photo... It was an interesting exercise. 

It's a different  perspective as you said Denis on my holiday photos ... One has to avoid having obvious 21 century artefacts  in the frame though ...lol ;):lol:

Beautifully and realistically done.....

But,I can't help thinking we are a funny bunch?

I bet all of us who dabble in processing have been handed a wallet/ handbag battered 1950s print then asked if we can do something to restore it minus stains, scratches and creases.

About two years ago, I spent a couple of weeks restoring and then making positives of hundred year old glass plate negatives.

Now, we sometimes enjoy, shooting a photograph taken through the best, up to date digital equipment, then attempt to make it look like a wallet/handbag battered 1950s print, ripe for restoration :cry:

This isn't a critisism, just an observation.

FUJI

Yes you are absolutely right Fooj .... We seem to be mad as hatters on this forum ... Some of us certainly seem to test the boundaries don't we?  :lol:  I think sometimes one does something ..just cos one can ! I think it just proves that nostalgia plays a huge role in our lives... Look at the photos of Spitfires , old steam trains , old farm implements and machinery that we drool over when they appear on here ... We  love old stuff .... It's in our DNA  I suspect. It's like deconstructing... Quite satisfying too. Thanks for your observations ... It  just highlights what a huge area is covered now by photography and adjacent digital technology.. I find it quite inspiring to have all this at my disposal....art and creativity  has never been  more accessible.;)

Mornin' BP .... Thanks .... If you look carefully there are two very large refuse collection skips  made of stainless steel  inside a little hedged area bottom right of the pic that could have looked out of place /date but they aren't obvious.

I added a film grain filter after I had arrived at the right level of faded sepia then  dropped it onto an old vintage edge frame in Elements 5 that I have.  I used the smudge tool on lighten option to drag and extend some creases in the photo framed edge into the image itself. Lastly just added the old typewriter font with our hotel name on it as that was taken from our terrace.   

It's been a bit of fun so thank you all for joining in... Your comments are always appreciated gang .:thumbsup:

Archived