Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

PC Woes

Ryewolf

What a nightmare RW ....How maddening :rant:How did you become aware of it ?.. I scan with my security programme one a week on two pcs and a laptop ...takes forever   but maybe it's worth it ..though I realise maybe nothing is  100% foolproof...

Edited by Clicker

I noticed yesterday, both computers were continually rebooting after about 7 mins, just me ages to work out that they were rebooting once the scheduled virus scan started. I have all my pc's set to scan at startup. So I tried to scan and it detected 19 objects before restarting. They were both fine on Sat and Sunday morning.

I have McAfee...paid monthly with my Sky sub for about 7  years  ..about £4.00 a month and touch wood ...never had any probs..Can be slow when it's scanning  so I have each PC and laptop set at different times for a weekly scan so it  doesn't hinder me ...One sub covers three devices...

I hope  all goes well in the PC hospital for ya.... fingers crossed.:D

Well, this is the first real problem I've had with a virus in around 20 years. I've had the odd virus, but nothing I've not been able to deal with myself and none that have caused as much damage.

I did have a hard drive fail on me a couple of years ago.

Just started using Sophos on my Mac now that OS X has more recently started to come under attack. Particularly my "ancient" 10.6.8 with its un-updated Safari. First scan discovered several ancient viruses in emails, but they were all Windows. But better safe...

After reading of all your PC Woes, I brought my occasional Anti-Virus Check forward.

My Free AVG Anti-Virus Software found fifteen Trojans and other unwanted guff, the full system check took over six hours, but it was worth it:

FUJI 

I have three hard drives in my PC, once or twice a week straight after a virus scan I clone 'C' drive to each of the other two hard drives using Casper software. Should anything nasty happen to 'C' drive I can then boot up on either of the other two drives, doing this has got me out of trouble a few times over the years. I had my main hard drive 'C' fail last year, I just removed it from my PC and booted up on one of the other drives, ordered a new drive straightaway and within a few days I was back to three bootable drives again.

Well, got my pc's back today. They were unable to find any virus's on either machine using a range of av and anti-malware tools. They ran a full scan yesterday using the installed AVG Free and it's not reporting any threats anymore - just done one myself and no threats found. So it's a bit of a puzzle.. The only thing I can think of was that it was a false positive. They didn't charge me, so that's good.