Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Windows 10.

JohnP

I await this Windows 10 update with great anticipation.......my PC s still run on XP Pro.....but my NOKIA 1020 Windows 8 Smartphone/Camera should upgrade automatically once I'm notified.

FUJI

Edited by FUJI

My system is also showing countless failed installation attemps, even left the PC on all day in the hope that it would come down whilst I was out at work but alas no.

Now trying to download the ISO file direct from Microsoft but its painfully slow, only downloading 15% in an hour.

I await it with baited breath :whistle:

• Like 1

My system is also showing countless failed installation attemps, even left the PC on all day in the hope that it would come down whilst I was out at work but alas no.

Now trying to download the ISO file direct from Microsoft but its painfully slow, only downloading 15% in an hour.

I await it with baited breath :whistle:

I don't want to have to do a clean install so I'll just have to be patient.... hope I live long enough!

Afraid it won't stop me, as soon as I get the notification it'll be installed. Scour the internet long enough and you'll find dozens of reasons why you shouldn't upgrade.

As I said earlier I will have it on one hard drive and leave W7 on the other two.

I'm scared to look but the Windows icon has just appeared in the system tray and it's been there quite some time... it's at 42% and only going up extremely slowly... Oh my gawd!!!

I don't believe it... download got to 100% after over one hour and when I restarted the computer I got the blue screen with the message not to power off as update was being installed. When I eventually was able to restart computer I'm still on Windows 7, I check update history and update failed again... I give up for this evening... pi**ed off with it.

Edited by JohnP

I removed the Win7 update that had my free Win 10 download pegged for today.

I dont think I will bother with 10 until a couple of years down the road,I cant risk stuffing this machine up if a few things will not work.

This worked for me... I'm now using Windows 10.  I started at 11pm and by midnight the download had only reached 9%, so I left it and went to bed. I got up at about 2am and download had reached about 40% so I went back to bed. I got up again at 5am, and it was at 71%. I finally got up at 7am and download had finished. It then took until 7.40am to finish installing and configuring things. I've not tried anything yet apart from checking emails and coming on here, I've noticed that the colours on my monitor need adjusting so that's it so far. Breakfast now and play after.

Have you noticed any applications/peripherals that don't work/have been deleted, John? 

I haven't had time to explore much yet, I'm not one who takes to change easily and I'm glad I still have Windows 7 on two other hard drives I can boot up on. There are loads of apps and stuff on Windows 10 that I'll never use ( I hate bloatware) and I need to find out how to delete. I need time to find my way around before deciding whether to continue with it or use Windows 7 which I'm happy with.

Edited by JohnP

As a Mac user for 20 years, I actually am quite impressed with what I've seen of Windows 10 (WindOS X?) in reviews. What I'm less impressed with is the thing they say is the "strength" of it: that it's the same OS on all your devices be it a desktop/laptop, tablet or phone. I can't understand what you'd use the full OS for on a phone? You can't use Photoshop effectively, or a large spreadsheet or WP document, or edit video - basically you'd want to just browse websites and email, watch the occasional movie if you're nowhere near a decent size screen, or upload images to FB Instagram or Twitter. Having the full OS on your phone is (1) taking up valuable space and (2) providing lots of 'stuff' you'd never want to use on the tiny screen of a phone.

Tablets? A different situation. I think Apple missed a trick with iPads : there should be a version with OS X on, that can compress itself and switch to iOS when needed. 

• Like 1