Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Ratcliffe Power Station.

Yesterday was the first time I have left the house pre-dawn with a camera for about six months (for reasons I will not bother with now).

I went to a location I had researched online using Google maps and The Photographer's Ephemeris near Ratcliffe Power Station. Fortunately I had done a recce' the day before as the intended route was subject to a 10 mile plus diversion because of major road works. I doubt I would have found my way in the dark without the planning trip beforehand.

I left home in thick fog but it cleared to reveal a beautiful day being promised within a few miles - and returned to thick fog a mile from my destination! After standing round for nearly an hour I gave it best and went for a walk round; the sun was now high in the sky but I still could not see the power station for thick fog. Shortly afterwards the fog did clear and I got a couple of shots but with the sun now high in the sky and not what I had hoped for.

Another visit is called for.

post-33-0-10851300-1428419493.jpg

Just wonderful Bill.....once more, the light is wonderful.

( I honestly thought that all cooling tower power stations had closed and been demolished by now.......

Is this the one seen on the way up to Derby from your place?

I used to pass it often whilst on placement in Coalville.

FUJI

Just wonderful Bill.....once more, the light is wonderful.

( I honestly thought that all cooling tower power stations had closed and been demolished by now.......

Is this the one seen on the way up to Derby from your place?

I used to pass it often whilst on placement in Coalville.

FUJI

Yes that's the one, just off the road from the Nottingham, south turn off (J24 I think).

That's a coincidence. There's also a huge one near Burton visible from Loughborough (Junction 23 turn I think).

There are several power stations along the Trent Valley, High Marnham, Cottam, Ratcliffe, etc. my late Father worked for Allen Gwynnes Pumps pf Lincoln/Bedford and oversaw the installation of pumping equipment many of these power stations and others around the UK. I always think of him if I drive past one of these and the time as a child he took me along to one of the opening days.

There are several power stations along the Trent Valley, High Marnham, Cottam, Ratcliffe, etc. my late Father worked for Allen Gwynnes Pumps pf Lincoln/Bedford and oversaw the installation of pumping equipment many of these power stations and others around the UK. I always think of him if I drive past one of these and the time as a child he took me along to one of the opening days.

I think the Burton one is the one everyone sees, from the M1? It's not far from the motorway. I was not too far away on just such an early morning as Bill went out (early sun, mist, towers) - if he'd been there (and closer) he would have got the picture he wanted I think.

post-677-0-80679300-1428482267.jpg

Archived