Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Scammer alert.....Techvedic/Easytech.....Avoid dealing its a scam

JHFoto

If your computer screen is frozen telling you that your machine has harmful Trojans and other Malware do not fall for the con, just phone the number and tell them to remove their page off your screen..

Edited by JHFoto

To be honest I would not even telephone a number that appeared  uninvited on my  computer screen .. One hears nowadays that some  telephone numbers with  colossal  rates only need  you to be  waiting two or three minutes  while pressing  a range of   option numbers ( press 1 for  this and 2 for that ) to run up bills  of hundreds of pounds .... all straight into the pocket of the  con artist . We got so fed up with  calls to the house purporting to be someone  from Microsoft  trying to get remote access to our pcs that finally hubby answered  saying he was  investigating a suspicious death  of the  occupier and asked when was the last time he had telephoned the deceased!! ...  :smiling:

Edited by Clicker
  • Like 1

To be honest I would not even telephone a number that appeared  uninvited on my  computer screen .. One hears nowadays that some  telephone numbers with  colossal  rates only need  you to be  waiting two or three minutes  while pressing  a range of   option numbers ( press 1 for  this and 2 for that ) to run up bills  of hundreds of pounds .... all straight into the pocket of the  con artist . We got so fed up with  calls to the house purporting to be someone  from Microsoft  trying to get remote access to our pcs that finally hubby answered  saying he was  investigating a suspicious death  of the  occupier and asked when was the last time he had telephoned the deceased!! ...  :smiling:

Not just big-time scammers - all those scratch cards free with magazines, which when you scratch, "oooh look, I've won!!". Yeah yeah. Look at the list of prizes, and there's always a holiday in a (probably) run-down hotel with views of the local pizza parlour, to which you must pay your own flights, insurance and taxes, excursions, and probably your main meals too, and to get it you must phone a premium rate number which will incur a minimum £7 or £8 fee. Or there's a digital camera (half a megapixel..., one shutter speed, one aperture, fixed focus lens). 

My old Mum  once said to me ,"If someone you don't even know offers you something that sounds like it's too good to be true ..... It 's because ...it usually is !!"

Sound advice methinks .... ;)

Thanks for  the warning JHfoto....  keeps us on our toes !

• Like 1

One good reason to keep your Anti virus/Mailware/ etc software updated and running, although most of these things get through because some users unwittingly invite them in when they click on links either on unsafe websites or links in unsafe e.mails.

Never ever ever accept any offer of a free upgrade, unless you went looking for it and know were you are getting it from.

No one ever send out e.mails offering updates they are always done from within a program.

if in doubt google the site first if its dodgy you will quickly find out.

When you something on your screen that you cannot get rid of what do you do ? You could switch off at the main but that could do even more harm

Only if you've got unsaved work. It won't harm your computer, as long as it isn't your regular method of switching off. (Or use the computer's power off button rather than the main).

first thing to do is disconnect from the internet just in case someone is connected remotely. then get some help to remove the  virus. Never give in to blackmail if you turn the machine off the worst that will happen is you will lose anything that was unsaved

If you need to turn your PC off because you're worried about something, press together the following keys:

CTRL, ALT, DELETE

Then find the button which allows you to shut off the computer (mine, using Windows 7 Pro, is at the bottom right of this new screen).

Paul.

If you need to turn your PC off because you're worried about something, press together the following keys:

CTRL, ALT, DELETE

Then find the button which allows you to shut off the computer (mine, using Windows 7 Pro, is at the bottom right of this new screen).

Paul.

Or, if the worst comes to the worst, the actual physical power on/off buttton.

When you something on your screen that you cannot get rid of what do you do ? You could switch off at the main but that could do even more harm

once you have something on the screen and you can do nothing you have already allowed your machine to be infected, these lock Trojans are getting quite popular these days.

Turn your machine off and on another machine google the name that comes up with the screen lock warning, then follow the instructions given to remove it from your machine.

Warning make sure yours is disconnected from the internet when you turn it on and if its a windows based machine find out how to boot it into safe mode, anti virus/mailware/trojan software often works better if the machine is in safe mode.

Dont ever contact the company that infected your machine, EVER.