Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

GETTING FRUITY

Too cold to paint, my tiny workshop offers a pleasanter place to follow another of my creative hobbies... ....since full retirement, I have studied the craft of wood turning...nothing too complicated, usually small gifts for family and friends. 
Small lidded boxes kept me happy and busy for a very long time, then a few Christmas ornaments.....but last week saw an opportunity to try something different .

A neighbour is having a loft conversion done,  the entails the carpenter’s removing large sections of the Victorian roof structure; throwing my way, already supply of beautiful century old, Russian Red Deal.... a beautiful red/gold pine as seasoned as it ever could be.

Im not a bowl turner, so I decided that lathe turned apples and pears might be fun...

it has proved to be a very enjoyable exercise.....except perhaps for the shavings clinging to my clothes when I go back indoors... 

I have discovered that the secret to a good retirement, is lots of hobbies and interests, combined with being able to offer the results as gifts.... 

Wonderful gifts at very little cost.....

There was, of course an outlay on lathe and tools, but that was twenty five years ago....

FUJI

45847C9B-7D39-4AA7-9D2E-234E10D2BD24.jpeg

Cheers !

Dee..... wood-grain has always pleased me, it can be a bit of a crime to paint over it sometimes... the roofing timber this fruit was turned from has a very interesting history.... Probably 150 or more years ago<it was growing in a Russian Forest... it was felled then processed there.... most Red Deal came to the U.K.  via the Russian Port of Archangel ....it made superb joinery and roofing timbers, because of its straight grain and strength....

I have given these small pieces a new lease of life after a hundred plus years as part of the roof of a neighbour’s house....so....circa 50-80 yrs growing....two years processing and transport... a hundred years in a roof....now a completely new start....

FUJI

Archived