Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Helmet

It's been a difficult week for me, being the anniversary of my wife's death on Sunday. This photo was taken in the front room mirror just before we set off on our last holiday together. She wanted to do something different, something that neither of us would forget before she became too ill to travel . I hired a powerful motor trike, a Boom Thunderbird, and we joined my sister and brother in law on their Harley Davidsons to tour the Welsh mountains. My brother in law said that I could only join his biker gang if I grew a biker beard, this became the source of a lot of fun because on more than one occasion we were mistaken for "The Hairy Bikers." I was very happy to be mistaken for Dave Myers, but Linda wasn't chuffed about being mistaken for Si King! This photo still makes me cry!

Helmet.thumb.jpg.6ef0df1fcb818cefd1186a100f4d780e.jpg

Gosh ....What a poignant narrative to this portrait Martyn .... thank you so much for sharing that with us on the Forum .. I feel very privileged that  you  thought  that you could do that here ... It must conjure up many mixed emotions for you and putting yourself in a vulnerable position is not an easy thing to do .. One day I hope you will be able to look at it and shed only tears of joy at  the happier memories  it triggers ...  It's a memorable image Martyn especially with the significant provenance .. 

Hi, Martyn,

I can only go along with what Polly has written........my thought are with you..... a real mix of memories, but the only the good will eventually remain.

FUJI

Wow, I did not know what was behind the darkness that you went through. Thank you Martyn for sharing these thoughts. I can understand a little more of what these images mean to you. 

This is somewhat more than a photography forum, said it before and will say it again, it is unique. 

I can't add words to what has bee said above Martyn but my feeling echo those expressed there.  These sadnesses in life come to us all I guess but it's worth remembering that they couldn't do so unless the wonderful memories that invoke them exist in the first place.

Archived