Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Just the Average Weekend....

Ryewolf

12 minutes ago, Denis said:

A  mixed set of very good mono shots Geoff, intrigued by the Hare...even more so by the old building some of the shots were taken in,

Thanks Denis, the hare is featured in one of Mitchell & Kenyon's films - The Poachers Revenge and the bicycle in another A Tragic Elopement. The building interior is the old Cotton Exchange built in 1865, in 1909 it became a cinema and was for around 100 years. The cowboys represent one of the first Western movies made, Kidnapping by Indians, it was made by Mitchell & Kenyon in 1899, who were pioneers of film making, they lived in Blackburn and was filmed in Blackburn. It was part of a Biennial Textile Exhibition that's been running for the past few months..

Looks like it was a great event - and of course you had to produce the photos in monochrome.
I used to like watching the old silent movies when I was a kid - I think Bob Monkhouse used to present the show.  ("Mad Movies"?)

Nice series Geoff.  Interesting isn't it that people playing cowboys are of a certain age?  We found ourselves in the middle of a cowboys (and cowgirls) evening at the Continental in Preston not so long back having gone out for a walk by the river and a quick pub meal.  It was being taken quite seriously with participants in full regalia and strutting their stuff .  A bit spooky for us at the time but of course, it's a hobby just like photography.

I thought I had commented on these pics  but it appears I either dreamt it or forgot to hit the send button hard enough on my iPad ....Doh...

A really  evocative set Rye ...in a reportage sort of style  telling a story of an event in your local town ...So much going on ...love the hare...he's in the queue in the indoor pic too and  expression on the face of the lady on the far left facing us  really intrigues  me .... who or what has she just seen ?

Thanks John and Clicker, it was an interesting event with lots of interesting bits of history, the American Civil War hit hard in Lancashire and Blackburn and caused the Cotton Famine. A Malkin was a northern name for a hare, which witches were supposed to be able to transform into... I heard this several times for the explanation of the hare on the bike....

Archived