Ryewolf

Posing with my train...

At Ramsbottom yesterday....

loco-78018-5537.jpg

• Like 4

You and John's train and loco shots are always magnificent Rye, you have a way of bringing out the best of these wonderful pieces of engineering.

Thanks Denis, I suppose it helps having a steam railway less than 7 miles away, this weekend was the Spring Steam Gala, so lots of opportunities.

He looks a bit legless though .... ☺️

Thanks Clicker. I do have one without the steam, but then he looks like he's got extra legs because he was standing in front of a tripod.

• Haha 1

Denis has just about got it spot-on - your train images are always top drawer.

I love the inclusion of people in these shots, they make for an extra dimension of interest.

Korky

Another nice train, and another nice puff of steam in exactly the right place judging by what you said Rye.

7 hours ago, Korky said:

I love the inclusion of people in these shots

Thanks Korky, I was trying to get a bit more human interaction with the trains rather than them just being of the engines themselves - of which I already have plenty of images.

They are wonderful pieces of engineering, which need to be actually running in steam to be appreciated, that might have been lost forever except for dedicated groups that saved and preserved them. Most people now who remember them running on main lines before the end of the steam era in 1968 are in their sixties or older.

1 hour ago, Kobione said:

Another nice train, and another nice puff of steam in exactly the right place judging by what you said Rye.

Thanks Kobione. I'm not obsessed by trains, honestly it just happens I live 15 minute drive from a steam railway, this particular weekend was a steam gala so there were visiting trains that I hadn't seen before.