Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Catbells

Black Pearl

Despite my dicky back we did go to the Lakes yesterday and took the boys up Catbells. Had to really as the weather forecast said it was going to be bright and sunny - it was perfect. Not a cloud in the sky, warm (a bit windy on the top but you expect that) and the views were fantastic. Catbells isn't a big mountain (1480 feet) but Thomas is only five so thought we'd start him on something sensible to see how he fared - he run up it, ran around the top, ran down the other side and ran back to the car....then skipped around Keswick. The wife and I did none of those things. We staggered up to the top, sat down heavily to have our pic-nic and wondered if our legs were going to snap coming back down.....Keswick if you're interested has lots of lovely seats  :dizzy:

Camera wise I took the K30 with the 18-55mm WR on - mostly to keep the weight down but partially because this was a trip out for the boys and not really for me to spend all day farting about with a bag full of kit. 

Not the most inspiring photography I've posted but thought I'd share a few anyway.

First bit done - time for a Tic-Tac.

Why am I half way up a mountain and not still in my bed?

Take a picture daddy.

Still a little way to go.

That "Top of the World" feeling.

Gotta climb a rock and have a shout.

A quick freshen up.

Climbed it - ate the pic-nic - made it back down - sorted.

WELL DONE YOU! ALL OF YOU!

A family day out to treasure, with photographs to prove it ..............long ago when I was as young as you ;-) ........ I used to take both my lads on very long walks along canal towpaths, it used to take all day.

I only had an old ZENIT film camera then, so not many photographs, but, on at least two occasions ( me being a mad techie like you BP) we took a portable Tape Recorder to record a complete sound diary of the walk.

Playing it back was amazing, especially the bit from walking through a canal tunnel, the birdsong we captured was surprising too; we used to arrive home totally shattered but very happy.

I wonder if those recordings are amongst the old tapes in the attic?........Do you remember .......Reel to Reel Tape Recorders?

Our portable one was tiny, a Japanese made wonder, it was only just a little bigger than the 3 inch tape spools, and took four large torch batteries. The tapes recorded around 15 minutes per side as far as I recall.

As an aside.......my very recent new camera cost £275 more than our first house purchase price £475 with a 25 year mortgage;-)

Great shots BP......and great memories.......Thank You!

FUJI

What a great day you all had by the look of it. Despite the back pain, you at least got up and down it...well done!

and a hat full of photos to keep as a reminder too. What a gorgeous place, I have been through the lakes by road in the truck, but never had a chance to stop or take a walk amongst scenery like that.

Thanks for sharing those images :)

Fantastic set BP. Really shows the enjoyment the day brought, despite your problem. I could very happily sit up there and watch the boys and enjoy a picnic lunch too!

Well done all of you, many treasures for future viewing.

There were a couple of odd encounters during the day that I thought I'd share.

1* We got talking - well Thomas got talking and we thought it best to let the poor lady go - to a couple who were walking the same way as us. The lady said she wished her two kids, who were about the same ages as ours, would walk up a mountain like our two. They just wanted to stay at home and had stayed with her mum. Why? Why wouldn't a five year old and an eleven year old want to have an adventure, climb a mountain and spend the day as a family having fun. Thomas had never done this before so when I suggested we go to The Lakes and climb a mountain he didn't understand - but - he was so excited he barely slept that night. About what I'm not sure as he didn't know, but he did know he was going on a day out to somewhere new and it would be fun. 

2* We passed a family going the opposite way and the father, who was burdened with the biggest rucksack I have ever seen, said he wished his three kids would carry their own stuff. This because Dylan and Thomas had their own packs on with their own food and water. I imagine that given the choice they wouldn't have but that choice was never given. Their pic-nics were made, put in their packs and they carried them. That wasn't done in a negative way, it was a case of 'here you go boys, put these on and when you want anything stop and take it out.' There wasn't a single complaint or moan, they just carried their stuff and ate the contents at the top. Hopefully enjoyed it all the more for having dragged it up there themselves. 

Kids are strange creatures and bringing them up is an odd experience but I strongly believe that they all want to explore, experience new things and will do as they are asked if it is put in the right way. My two argue, fight and throw multiple strops seemingly every day so I guess Angela and I don't always get it right but there are times - like above - when they do something new and love it. 

Ah, holidays and childhood. I remember them well! When the thrill was looking over the ruined walls of Welsh castles to a sheer drop with no railings or anything to prevent you falling, and the biggest chore was turning round when Dad wanted to take a photo...

Kids today are spoiled. I think you took absolutely the right approach BP - present the opportunity as an adventure, and the associated chore (carrying picnic) just an inevitable 'thing' without any fuss.

post-677-0-02640700-1397730443.jpg

Archived