Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Pigeon Tower, Rivington.

Paul

The Pigeon Tower, Rivington, Lancashire

A journey from the Ravine entrance at the foot of the hills up to the Pigeon tower. A pretty tough climb in parts but worth the effort.

Originally called the Lookout Tower, then the Dovecote Tower, the Pigeon Tower as it is now known was built between 1905 and 1909. 

It was built in 1910 by Lord Leverhulme as part of his Rivington estate in Lever Park and stands at the north west edge of the Terraced Gardens. Thomas Mawson, the designer/landscape architect of the Gardens,  liked to create a tall focal point in many of his landscapes, and the Italian Garden section of Rivington Terraced Gardens was no exception. 

The Pigeon Tower remains standing today when so many other structures have been lost, purely through public calls for its preservation. 

The restoration has allowed the tower to be brought back into use with visitors being able to go inside the tower, to see fireplace and top floor, and experience the spectacular views offered from inside on Open Days and Events.

Paul.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Kobione said:

Very nice one Paul - another area I am quite familiar with. Glad that the tower has been restored and preserved.

Thanks Dee - it looks in better condition than when I last went up there years and years ago.

2 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Very nice video Paul, I've photographed the Dovecote several time but never seen inside it.

Now the volunteers give a good talk if you go when they are there.

Paul.