Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

SPECIAL MACRO AS SEEN THROUGH DIY LENSES

Hi, folks,

I put together a slideshow, of my Creative Macro studies, using three different, DIY lenses on my LUMIX GX9 this morning, I set the whole thing to gentle choral music. 

it woks beautifully , almost dream-like….. you won’t get that effect here but here is a selection, of my best…. All focus was done manually, hand-held, moving the camera back and forth extremely slowly. Focus is extremely shallow, so learning when to stop, is a fine art; but get it right, and the visual rewards are great…. One of my , DIY lenses is a tiny, movie camera one, the other two, are adapted , slide-projector lenses; one is a Leica, so very high quality.

Projector lenses are available on eBay, some, very cheaply indeed, it just takes an M42 to M 4/3 rds adapter, plus a roll of masking or other tape, or even, hot glue.

All photographs taken in my tiny back and front gardens.

CAN I encouage you to discover the full potential of your camera’s and creativity ?

FUJI

‘’FUJI

32B9B210-D769-44E9-A543-1CF22147877F.jpeg

AE0E09CD-1197-4F0E-80F2-E1BF0D5D3C6B.jpeg

820E0E45-453B-4E5A-BCC0-C4C0468C3B1B.jpeg

D74328C0-3B02-412C-89F0-F5DCC2DD9E27.jpeg

484B575C-5E4D-40B6-99DA-8B1B849327F1.jpeg

218B34DF-42D7-49A6-8A54-8242B20B6C30.jpeg

D59512F8-C697-4D5F-A96C-E77AE74F4ED7.jpeg

• Like 4

You really should show the lenses that you used Fooj ... I remember when you  took some of these and the Heath Robinson   way you managed to secure some of the lenses to your camera .... wasn't there a hot glue gun used at one stage ? Great to see a set  of your unique pics as a result !

Hi, all,

A huge thank you for the feedback….

Yes ! This was a project from two or three years ago, revisited , because yesterday, I decided to place them all in one folder, around a hundred studies, I then set a slideshow  backed by choral singing , the result is an amazing presentation, which I wish I could share .

‘The lenses , as stated , were a tiny, movie camera lens, the others were , large slide projector lenses , all fitted to an M42 adapter , with hot glue and sticky-tape, I’m sure that if you go through my back posts, You will find photographs of them there.

‘Paul, the amazing horror-movie faces, are simply, the dried seed pods of the common, Snapdragon flower….there might be a few in your garden, or in a nearby garden , if you want to discover them your self.  I realise that , serious macro, work needs to be spit-sharp, but I love the dreamy , Bosch - like results produced by these wide open lenses.

FUJI

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for finding these pics again Fooj … it’s inspiring to see what you have “cobbled” together in the past and the amazing results you managed to get from them … you’re a bit of a one off aren’t you …😉  I just love your positive slant on everything … 👍🏻 What I might call …A ♦️Geezer !