Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

STREET CANDIDS USING NEW SETTINGS

FUJI

We are never too old to learn……… after studying a number of YouTube videos on camera settings for fast-close Street Photography the following formulae really works.

I have been a great fan of shooting fully manual up until yesterday.

The settings… ISO =AUTO.    SHUTTER SPEED AUTO minimum 2000th.     APERTURE starting at 8  but can be 11-16 or 22 according to light. What was innovative yo me, is the use of the APERTURE ADJUSTMENT DIAL  which offers so much control.

Here are samples as…proof of the pudding.

GUJI

C2F546A8-CECA-4107-8DA5-90BEAF437E1F.jpeg

6ED8B380-DF50-45E7-AFE2-0E51C79B7CBE.jpeg

9F7ECBC4-275A-4D48-BF19-C76122118628.jpeg

208A11FB-170B-421A-A0CA-931D03C48D5C.jpeg

• Like 2

Good to see you are  out and about again Fooj ... I bet you have not still got "L" plates on your scooter  as I imagine you have adapted your new mode of travel to enable  you to whizz about taking your street  photos as usual albeit maybe at a  slightly different angle 😉 Interesting that you have  adopted a new method  for capturing your   subjects as I know you  used a zonal   focus under a manual setting as I recall  .. the  images certainly  bear out  your new system... sharp with great  contrast and exposure .. More  power to your elbow Fooj ...  we miss ya  !

Thanks Polly!

yes, life has changed drastically for me, my wings have been severely , because I can use my bus pass to travel independently, and I’m strongly advised not to venture very far from my scooter. To counteract this I have just applied for a , Blue Badge, so that my photographer pal Brent, can drive me out and about in photo-shoots ; my scooter dismantles for travel.

‘Back to Photography, you are right I did use zone focusing whilst using my vintage ldnses on both my GX8 and my GX9, I still have the latter camera, so I can still do that if ai wish. 
My current camera ,a FUJI X100 V has a fixed lens, so, my kit is kept to an absolute minimum, if I’m out it is with me , I am known in town as, the man with a camera.

it is a very special camera , one that has been compared very closely with the Leica Q2, the results are similar, except for sensor size , there are numerous YouTube videos comparing them side by side. 
I had a dickens of a job acquiring mine, they came out over two years ago, but the pandemic, ghen the electronic chip shortage hit production drastically. They are like , hen’s teeth to find now, they fetch full price second hand. 
I had a lucky break with mine, it popped up on eBay , I bid full price immediately , so after a short wait I got it got just under the list price.

I have been pleasantly surprised, many times, by folks who stop me in the street to ask about it, often thinking it is a vintage film camera, others seem to see a more expensive brand. My method of Street Shooting has changed too, I much prefer getting very close, to shoot Candids, whilst attempting to remain invisible to my subjects….not the easiest thing just now.
The proof of the pudding, as they say, applies here, it is a camera hard to fault.

Attached is how this poor old fogey looks now, taken on an iPhone by a good  friend yesterday , I was sitting in my scooter.

it is good to be in touch again, I can only do my best to keep on forwarding my best work.

FUJI

C36DC148-2E5F-4F9B-BB95-BD3550C6AD9A.jpeg

• Like 3

Welcome to my world Fooj!

I have been both on a mobility scooter and a powered wheelchair for about three years now. 

I've had my car adapted with a hoist, so I can go out and about at my leisure.  I've recently bought a mobility scooter that is more designed as an all terrain, rather than a pavement scooter and it still fits in my car so I can go where I please.

My old scooter is going to be given to my neighbour's lad for his birthday, for him to gad about on.

• Like 1

I'm assuming this is similar to Canon's Exposure Compensation Mode, which regardless of ISO etc you can manually adjust how much the camera under or over exposes a shot. This is something that I always use and I tend to use -1/2 to -1/3 EV, which means I'm effectively under exposing any shot I take.

Good to see you're still getting about with your camera despite limited mobility.