Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

PHOTOGRAPHER AND SUBJECT

FUJI

People often wonder how I can get so very close to my unsuspecting subjects, during my searches for , my mono Candids; shots which are unposed, completely, natural and spontaneous .

Here , then is the answer, my newish camera, is small, I’m not striking a, photographers pose.   I shoot blind, without using the viewfinder or the back screen.

Yes! I miss quite a few, but the occasional number are real winners . 

My subjects don’t need to be behind a cafe window, but I am pleased this lady was, because I am featured in mid-shot….. fascinating stuff ?

FUJI

3E1DCF88-C288-4B28-A2CC-09ACADCAD11C.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi, I thank you for your kind words and observations.

That is so good to learn, the more you practice the more skillful you will become.

The golden rules are.   Try to become invisible, leave camera and lens bags behind, likewise tripod or monopod, travel light.

Shooting from the hip is the term, for not using viewfinder or rear screen, yes; you will get many crooked , or unusual angles, but, as you say, they can add dynamism and drama.

The late great Gary Winogrand made them, his trademark…..I use many of his , techniques during my outings. He became an expert, in looking as though he was simply testing his camera settings, whilst pressing the shutter…. I am also a huge fan of the enigmatic Vivian Maier ….

1 hour ago, Ryewolf said:

Great shot Cyril after watching you in Stratford a few years ago I'm still amazed by how many good shots you post without actually looking through the viewfinder or rear viewscreen.

Thank you Rye,

praise indeed, much appreciated.

So much water has gone under the bridge, since that amazing TIPF Day Out, I still treasure the pics we shot that day.

I thank God, that I’m still able to go for my daily shoot, with the occassional, proper Street Shoot, in Leamington, Coventry or Stratford, my great photographer pal Brent , is my willing driver and carer for the day; we always end up with a great lunch.

He has adopted my old GX8 , my GX9 is used with my large vintage lens collection, with my lovely X 100V being my go-to camera now.

FUJI