Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

In case you don't know aleady.

JohnP

The great rush to get us all electric in the near future, a move that will hit the poorer community who may only afford and older car for essential travel. We discussed getting an electric car but there is nowhere, absolutely nowhere for us to run a charger cable to the only place we can park our cars, or we either move house or stick to fossil fuels for as long as we can!

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Denis said:

We discussed getting an electric car but there is nowhere, absolutely nowhere for us to run a charger cable to the only place we can park our cars

Same here Denis, many northern towns are terraced houses with limited parking, my section of the street I live on has 6 parking spaces for 20 + houses.

Also what you may also not know is that various Supermarkets such as Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury's if you you use the Pay at the Pump are now ring fencing £100 from your bank account each time you use Pay at the Pump. Basically they charge you £100 for however much fuel you use and then they refund you the difference in 2 days.  So either stop using Pay at Pump or use a different provider...

Imagine going into a shop and they say they're going to charge you £100 for buying something and then refund the difference, not sure why this is limited to fuel only?

• Sad 1

Thanks John.  I knew it was coming but didn't know that it was quite so immanent and hadn't clocked the lawn mower issue. 

Rye, the pre payment requirement apparently has been introduced as a result of a growth in crime.  Apparently, there has been a surge in people using false number plates to fill up and then drive away,  They are very careful to clone plates from the same make and colour of car.  The plate are then rapidly changed back to the legal plates a short distance from the filling station.  The info comes from my brother in law who suddenly found himself entertaining a visit from the police because his plates had been used.

An aspect of going electric that has been exercising my thoughts recently is that at present, the Exchequer relies heavily on fuel tax for income.  When we have all gone electric, how are they going to recover the deficit?  The carbon foot print may well be lower but I suspect that the hyped cost benefits of electric are going to be less than some are currently making out.  

• Like 1

It won't affect me, my car is a diesel and I haven't used petrol from garage pumps in my mower for over three years, I use Aspen Alkylate fuel in both my 26 year old Honda mower and my much newer strimmer. It comes in both 4-stroke and 2-stroke forms. It's quite expensive but it's very much cleaner than pump fuel and that's better for me and the planet as the emissions are much less harmful... especially the 2-stroke version as there is hardly any smoke. Unlike pump fuel it doesn't have to be drained from the mower and strimmer fuel tanks when they are unused during the winter months. It doesn't absorb water like pump fuel and can be left in the fuel tanks for several years.

https://aspenfuel.co.uk/

https://youtu.be/0dijgzY6OIg

Edited by JohnP