Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Life on the River

Black Pearl

It is nice to see that there is still life on the River Tyne.

It has changed and there isn't the buzz there was a generation or two ago but it is still being used commercially.

No real photographic merit more just a record of life and work on the river today.

I would to have been around in its heyday....with a camera, money and proper nutrition.

Lovely set BP......I used to love getting down along the Tyne when I was a kid and used to be packed of to Newcastle for the six week school hols, Hated it when my sister moved to Kenton away from the river..and away from the Scotswood road. 

image two..is that a Crab boat in the foreground?

I have spent many times in and around Newcastle, Morpeth, Jarrow, Sunderland & Middlesborough when on long distance work. I  always loved the atmosphere of the northeast, and the varied accents and dialects.

Had some brilliant nights out in the pubs too :) 

Boy oh boy BP, you live in a fascinating area, a real mix of urban, city, countryside, coast and big river.......no way, can you ever be bored, or stuck for a photographic theme or subject.

How soon will it be before both of your scallywags have their own cameras?

I remember, you mentioning that you did a bit of artistic dabbling...........in my younger days, when I had three kids around the ages of yours, I didn't have a proper camera ( all too expensive) instead, a sketch pad went everywhere that I did, if we were on holiday, I was known to creep out of our tent or holiday caravan at dawn, to go painting or drawing with oil pastels on A5 paper........I would grab a quick coffee by the harbour or beach then get back to the tent around 08:30 to find wife and kids yawning their heads off as breky was being prepared.

Much later when the kids did their own thing, I was up at dawn, with my paints, or a metal detector........never wasted a minute......my good lady?.........she was a sun worshipper.......her idea of heaven was to lay on the beach for hours frying in sun creams and oils......( boring! ;-)

The cameras have taken over all of that now...........the art stuff and metal detectors get a look in now and then, as do my woodworking and crafts tools.......

Fill your lives with interests and hobbies and you will never be bored or grumpy.

FUJI

Denis - no idea what the boat is but the fish quay you can see in the shots is busy every day so its not inconceivable that or one of the other boats is a crabber.

Fuji it is a great place to bring up a pair of kids. We have several beaches from as little as  five minutes from the house. Hills with an old mill, a water tower and my mum the other side two streets away. A ferry ten minutes drive away with a fish quay a short walk on the other side. Several piers to choose from, a pond in the village and two great rivers to explore. 

Oddly I can't get either interested in photography, they love to see the shots on the camera and will play up to it brilliantly but when I give them one to play with the interest in short lived. I'm going to try Thomas again tomorrow as I've told him I can put the pictures he takes onto his Android tablet - hoping that will catch his attention. I do...have....drawn stuff but its not a natural thing for me and tends to be strained. The kids draw all the time, Thomas made a storybook recently and Dylan is writing a Sci-Fi book. I might try them with a bit of real life drawing one day, see if either can do it.

Archived