Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Hedgehog... (Video).

JohnP

6 hours ago, Clicker said:

What happened to the video then ... I saw it on my phone when you first posted it John. But .......???

I've never known so many views and no comments so I thought it must be rubbish and deleted it.

I suspect people were probably just busy with Christmas and In some cases Covid worries John...    I was certainly really busy but managed to scroll through some posts quickly in case there were any major problems that needed addressing .. and that’s when I saw a lot of the posts with a view to coming back to them later ... I think maybe you were a bit premature in removing it and judging our response  especially as it was a video  that was about 8 minutes long and I imagine many people thought as I did ,   Oh I’ll come back to that to have a proper look later  !         C.’mon John .... you’re doing a bit of a bah humbug  thing  when by your own admission  you don’t do Xmas... but some of us do ...and it can be ruddy time consuming 😂

The little fellow looked so hungry he barely lifted his head the whole time that he was tucking in to that scrambled egg John ..... and a good point you made about  not adding milk to the  meal ... not everyone will be aware of the consequences of doing that .    Maybe you can give us an update on how he is getting on now too ..😉👍🏻

OK Polly!

I came across this very underweight Hedgehog about three weeks ago out in daylight which is not a good sign especially at this time of year. It had quite a few ticks on it and it was not very healthy, I managed to remove all the ticks but after a few days it didn’t seem to pick up much so I took it to a Vet. He was sure it had Lungworm so he kept it for a week and gave it a course of injections. After that I kept it for a few days and fed it well, I know from past experience Hedgehogs like scrambled egg… made without milk of course! Since then I have taken it to a local lady who looks after Hedgehogs who are in trouble and it is now doing well and putting on weight. The good thing is it’s a boy and he has taken to sleeping with a rather large lady friend who is twice his size... Lucky boy... 😁 The lady has good facilities to keep them along with several others until the time is right to release them.

Such a heartwarming tale ....  and I did laugh at your take on his sleeping arrangements ......  at one point I thought you were going to have to build another hedgehog house  for him like you did for your friend awhile back .  It’s great that there’s a happy ending.... they are getting to be a rare sight in the past few years .  Thanks for reposting 😉

Now I thought hedgehogs would be well tucked up in bed at this time of year, but a little research has informed me that the population of hedgehogs has declined by circa 90 % due to them waking up during a warm spell and then being caught out with a cold snap.   Global warming?

The answer is, apparently, to do what you did and offer the poor creature some food and an environment in which to hibernate safely, so well done you.

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen a hedgehog in years so now that I'm aware of the problem, I'll be keeping my eyes open.

16 minutes ago, Clicker said:

John built a super wooden home for one his friend had found last year I think  Fogey ....  though I can’t find the link to the post at the moment ... John may still have a pic of it .

Archived