Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Leadership-

Denis

For anyone who has watched the excellent series 'Band Of Brothers' British actor Damian Lewis played the part of this famous American soldier.

Winters, then a 1st Lieutenant, took over command of 'Easy' company, US 101st Airborne after its commanding officer was killed during the drop a few hours before the beach landings in Normandy began. Major Dick Winters was commemorated with this statue in 2012,sited not far from Utah beach Normandy.

This was my take on the memorial, after a really fine sunny day, a short but sharp shower developed and the sky turned from white clouds with blue sky, to a deep threatening blackness. The rainbow appeared almost immediately and the contrast was too good to miss.

11106862534_69f25310da_c.jpg

11106862604_9558df4f7e_c.jpg

11106857646_e6c6c0e483_c.jpg

11106973953_cf4bd9a999_c.jpg

wonderful set denis, shot 3 is lovely as the light and position really sets the scene, but they are all wonderful and very moving. 

i have only ever been to the small war cemeteries out in the sticks of the french country side, the ones you just stumble on.  the way the local people look after them has always moved me.

i am with you on the series 'band of brothers'. i purchased the complete series in a limited edition silver box for my husbands birthday many years ago. 

A very nice set of images - number 2 is the stand-out shot for me, all the elements of the image come together wonderfully.

There's a tiny blob in the sky just above the RH flagpole that is a bit too eye catching - at first I thought it was a mark on my monitor screen, but polishing it with my sleeve didn't help!

What a great stroke of luck to get such a great rainbow and just the right moment!

Korky

Have you thought of doing a second version of #3 with the gold LEADERSHIP lettering cloned out? The rest of the bottom is full black shadow, so you could easily get away with it (pictorially speaking). It would make such a dramatic shot, and you could catch most people out with it - then see their faces when you show them the other shots.

Like so, if you don't mind me taking liberties...

post-677-0-92608800-1385724298.jpg

(The illusion vanishes if you then lighten shadows, but who would ruin such a great shot in that way!)

I like no.3 with the wording, showing a statue of a man (or woman) leading the way prepared to battle to keep those behind safe from others. For me the word 'Leadership' simply makes the shot and says what we need to know.

i agree with colin, i too like it with the wording, it adds to the meaning of the shot. 

The whole point of the amendment is that without the word showing, there is nothing to show that it isn't a REAL soldier photographed against a setting sun. The word on the statue is fine in context, but the way it has been shot, you can't see it's a statue unless you look very closely indeed (or lighten shadows in Photoshop). The genius of the shot is its ambiguity, the fact you can't see it's a statue unless you were told. That's the only reason for my suggestion and edit.

if it was cropped letter box it really would look like a real person...

I'm not sure I understand? The bottom third of the picture is a deep matt black with no details whatever. That could be seen by the eye/brain as the ground that the soldier is moving across. If there was any detail visible, e.g. of the plinth, then I agree that would spoil the illusion, but there isn't - just black black black!

Archived