Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Wheatears

My first time out in 9 weeks , so took a trip to Rainham river side, after Wheatear. got lucky as they were there waiting for me lol. great fun getting these images. made my day.

bank7_filtered.jpg

bank8_filtered.jpg

bank9_filtered.jpg

bank10_filtered.jpg

latestone_filtered.jpg

bank2_filtered.jpg

bank3_filtered.jpg

bank4_filtered.jpg

bank5_filtered.jpg

bank6_filtered.jpg

Absolutely stella images Roger.  I hesitate to choose but the first just takes it.  Made my day as well.  Superb!  The fine detail is so good.  What camera are you using.  Full frame?

A stunning set of images Roger!  Like John, I would love to know what gear you were using. 

I followed the link to your Flickr page and viewed more images. Then to my horror, I discovered that you were a Workshop Manager for the Royal Mail. I thought I'd got away from all that! ? I was a Royal Mail Technician for 45 years, starting in Lancaster then compulsory transferred to Preston where I became storeman. Thankfully, that's all in the past now!

10 hours ago, johntwo said:

Absolutely stella images Roger.  I hesitate to choose but the first just takes it.  Made my day as well.  Superb!  The fine detail is so good.  What camera are you using.  Full frame?

Hi John , no I use the Canon 7D Mark 2, with the Sigma 150/600 lens ..I find the 7D amazing for  long distance and birds in flight, downside to the 7D is Noise, for that  I use my Canon 6D Mark 2  full frame, noise level is by far better .use that mainly in low light places like Home  from my hide and certain HIdes I visit.But from doing astro imaging for 20plus year I have learnt a lot about processing, which does help a lot when images aren't spot on.

10 hours ago, Martyn said:

A stunning set of images Roger!  Like John, I would love to know what gear you were using. 

I followed the link to your Flickr page and viewed more images. Then to my horror, I discovered that you were a Workshop Manager for the Royal Mail. I thought I'd got away from all that! ? I was a Royal Mail Technician for 45 years, starting in Lancaster then compulsory transferred to Preston where I became storeman. Thankfully, that's all in the past now!

Hi Martyn, yes mate  was a tech then Foreman , up to Workshop Manager , made up to Fleet enginerr for a few years , then changes came as you know ,back down to Manager again . retired at 68 . thanks for following me .

10 hours ago, Clicker said:

Flipping 'eck Roger ....  Was this your Coolpix 900 at work again or your Sigma 600mm at work ... absolutely bl**dy  marvelous images !

Blimey polly I ditched that Coolpix years ago lol naaa Sigma 150/600 . but I have to say the lady was great got to within 20 ft of her ,anyway how you doing ,keeping safe I hope . all cool here at the moment , 

Thanks Roger.  I had the Tamron 150/600 for a while on a Nikon.  I found it so so.  At the time it was said to be comparable with the Sigma but on this evidence, it is streets ahead.  IKt wasn't until I went to Fuji X and there 100/400 (140/560 with the dedicated converter) that I began to see this sort of lens defiinition.  I have been out for months on a dedicated photo outing but these have got me fired up.

I think  you meant to say you  have NOT been out for months on a dedicated Photo outing  John  and that you were now fired up .... .... lol ... I knew what you meant..... I think Roger  often uses  hides when he can ...He did once post a pic of one in his garden  but I cannot find it anywhere... You did say you would post another  for us to see it Roger ....ahem....?

Archived