Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

3D Stereogram - a snail to begin with, if you can do it...

The effect of creating a 3D image out of 2 photographs has been around for a while, but for it to work, the subject has to have the "right" properties.

Hopefully, you'll see what I mean here with this photograph of a snail.

The 3D effect is done by having a slightly different viewpoint of the subject, taken a little bit further to the side so that the angle is different. However, with live subjects that is not possible if they move. So you can do it by cropping at the right proportions.

The big question is...

Can you go cross-eyed???

What you need to do is stare at the image below and allow yourself to go completely crossed-eyed (like Clarence the lion, lol...)

View it large and then have a go at letting your eyes go crossed, and with any luck, the 2 photo's will "create" a third one in between them, and you'll see the snail's head come forward out of the photograph, in glorious 3D style!

post-784-0-98432700-1379972307.jpg

Paul.

Thanks for posting this......I think it is the first time a stereo gram has been posted on TIPF?.......I used to love these, I could also, very quickly resolve those amazing 3D books that were very popular a few years ago.

But since having my cataracts done, my eyes won't relax and then cross to ensure that the transition happens, I can only think that the artificial lenses physically won't allow it to happen because they aren't as flexible as the old natural ones.

I keep, trying, then become frustrated and give up.

Nah! Not doing this any more.... I'll need a soddin' optician if I sit here skennin' any longer. Besides...

There's a snail crawling up the aspidistra as I type. And I can see him in perfect 3D without giving myself a bloody migraine. I'll stay with the minority. Besides...

Until today I'd never even considered 3D snails. Why would I?

Korky

Nah! Not doing this any more.... I'll need a soddin' optician if I sit here skennin' any longer. Besides...

There's a snail crawling up the aspidistra as I type. And I can see him in perfect 3D without giving myself a bloody migraine. I'll stay with the minority.

Korky

Don't throw your PC through the window though Korky, lol...

:fpc:

Here is a far easier one. I'm sure near enough (almost, but not quite) everybody should manage this one because of the colours...

post-784-0-78060000-1380034131.jpg

Paul.

I'm not doing 3D wooden spoons either for God's sake. No, I'm just not doing it........It's stupid.

If my psychiatrist was here now, he'd up my medication.

I don't use a PC, btw, I have an iMac. And I'm not wasting its beauty, elegance and processing power on bloody wooden spoons!

Korky

Archived