Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

PORTRAITS

FUJI

A pair of portraits shot with my tiny SONY X 100 MK III...........I think that, although it looks like a toy, it can really produce the goods.

The colour shot is of an 83 year old lady who I met then chatted to in a local bookshop...the light was poor o careful post-processing was required.

The second, mono portrait is of a very intense young local Artist..........a master of Graffiti, a Street Art exponent and Festival goer.....giventhe full ...FUJI...mono treatment.

FUJI

BOOKSHOP PORTRAIT  colour  psd.jpg

ARTIST  mono.jpg

21 minutes ago, Korky said:

Number 1 for me - lovely light on the face, full of character and experience. The books look great in the background, do they some significance?

Korky

Thanks Korky....

i had just picked up a couple of tatty books from the 50 p box outside....the lovely lady was going full tilt at the bemused assistant, about Daphne du Murier ..... the plot of one of her books had dissapointed our reader....she wanted something more meaty to read.

My subject didn’t stop her tirade as I waited patiently to pay my £1 .....I was forced to interject, or I might have still been in there.....at that point, the lady recognised me from, way back....my good lady too...who had taught her to swim.....then we were treated to even more lively chat about getting older, but she wasn’t going to let it beat her.

Boy !    I want some of what the doctor is prescribing for her....

......As you can see, I did manage to get her to stand still for a second or two....still looking very lively....

I managed to escape, leaving the still bemused shop assistant to find a meatier book....

Such is life in a small town.

FUJI

13 hours ago, Clicker said:

Yup The first one for me to though I do love the processing on your second image ... its just she engages  you so much more .. Lovely  work as usual Fooj

Me too Fuji.  I've been tempted by that camera so many times and your not helping.  Two really good studies but in terms of image quality, the mono shows it off beautifully.

22 minutes ago, John2 said:

Me too Fuji.  I've been tempted by that camera so many times and your not helping.  Two really good studies but in terms of image quality, the mono shows it off beautifully.

Hi John2....

I was in your situation less than a year ago....I had seen what those tiny camera’s were capable of in the hands of other photographers.....I really hankered after one, but the price was just beyond me.

Then a stroke of luck.....the Sony RX100 MKIII I now own was up on eBay with only one watcher....mainly because the seller included close-ups of a bit of a paint removing scrape ...as though slightly dragged against a wall......this must have put folks off because I was extremely pleased to win it just within my price-range.

After using cameras with exchangeable lenses, it took some getting used to how it functioned, but I soon got the hang of it........it is ideal for Street Portraiture and shooting because it doesn’t inhibit my subjects....they assume it is just a cheapy.....point and shoot.

Oh nooooooo !

FUJII

It is one of few small cameras that has a viewfinder and I would have opted for the MK III.  rather than the later models because it has a slightly longer zoom.  Super quality from a small sensor.

Archived