Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Bye Bye Photoshop CC

kev7d

I was thinking of getting Lightroom 6 as a standalone to use along side Topaz Studio - which I've found really good and easy to use - Google Nik Effects which are now free and finally Photomatix Pro. I think each of these software has there own use...

It will be interesting to see what happens with the NIK package now it’s in the hands of DXO.   I purchased NIK years ago before it was a freebie.  I think some users of the current software are experiencing issues using the plugins in PS CC. It is unsupported software now.  DXO will be focussed on developing the upoint technology in their own version of the NIK software now on sale?

Photoshop Elements 2018.   Now I had not thought about that.  Premiere Elements too could be useful for video editing?

I never disliked PS CC.  It’s just I use it less and less.  I have and use all of the Topaz plugins and relied on PS CC to host them. Topaz Studio now allows me to use their plugins and more without  PS CC.  

I do use Lightroom quite a bit for RAW adjustment. Hence the need to buy Lightroom 6. Even then I can take RAW files straight into Studio but I do like Lightroom.

Well I now have my new software. Hehehehe. I went and got the combined Photoshop and Premiere Elements 2018 along with Lightroom 6. Before the end of the weekend my PS CC subscription will definitely be cancelled!

PS CC subscription now cancelled.  

When I started the cancellation proces I was offered 60 days for free if I did not cancel.  Worth noting on the anniversary of your renewal if you want to save a bIt of cash but want to continue your subscription   

Just done the 30 day free trial of Elements 18 and i wish i had never got rid of the elements version i had, it suited my needs and skills perfectly.

So next pay day i will have to decide between Photoshop 18 or the premier version. I dont do hardly any video but guess its handy to have if i do?

Well I have PS Elements and Premiere Elements all loaded now.  It seems very capable so quite pleased.    It should compliment Topaz nicely.  

That’s precisely why I got Premiere SR. Going to have a dabble with video editing now when I get the chance.  

• 3 weeks later...

I have the latest subscription to Adobe that offers PS, Lightroom etc.

I also have elements 13, PSP X8 and ACDSee Ultimate (current version).

My go to program is still ACDSee, it has limitations such as poor wacom support and is not as fast as PS, yet I still migrate back to it all the time.

Carl.

• Like 1

I am not anti PC CC Carl. I loved the software. I guess I was just ready for change and do I actually get the full benefit of the use of PC CC?  Anyway, decision done. My subscription actually expires on 11 April.   

In a departure from everyone else's post processing weapon of choice: I'm a Linux and Mac user and like to use GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program to tinker with my photos. It does pretty much everything PhotoShop does, and maybe more, and it's completely free! It works a little different to PhotoShop and all the widgets are in a different place, and there is a variant called Gimpshop which is GIMP with all the controls moved around to look like PhotoShop. Useful for people with PhotoShop muscle memory.

• Thanks 1

Well it’s been a big decision.  I started thinking about it about 1 year ago as I started to get into Topaz software.  I began to use photoshop less and less.  Lightroom and Topaz have been my choice.  So I now have Topaz, Lightroom 6 and PS Elements 18.   ?

Photoshop is about to be binned by me as well - when my contract ends, that's it. The last straw was when I upgraded to High Sierra on my MacBook and the Nik plugins stopped working properly.

Ive been trying out Luminar 2018 and up to now, I'm impressed. It's £64 to buy and then no monthly subs.And the plugins work!

Korky

I don't think you will be loosing much if anything at all by going down the route you have Kev.  I live by PS CC but only because I have been brought up on it and starting all over again learning Lightroom was a pain, so I stopped.  The only thing you might notice is that there are a lot of on-line tutorial sites for PS whereas I don't think other applications are supported quite as well.  I had problems with Nik plugins for a period and had to use a work around.  However, the last PSCC update restored them to good health.  Never had a problem with Topaz or any other plugins.

• Thanks 1

Try as I might, I can't get to like Lightroom - I think it's mainly because it doesn't do layers, And I reckon I only use around 10% of Photoshop'd capability.

I've downloaded the version of NIK that's on the DxO website, but that crashes PShop too. So.......

Up to now it's Luminar for me. Photoshop it isn't, but neither is it ten quid a month.

Korky

If PShop's blob dobber was rated 10, then Luminar's would be a 6.

As blob dobbers go, it does a decent job, but it's a little slow and doesn't have the refinements of the advanced Adobe BD. I can live with it, though.

I think it's true to say that all blob dobbers are not born equal.

Korky