Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

More water needed......

Kobione

One of our younger male 'roos came up to the bird feeding spot yesterday evening and stood there as if he was trying to impress us:

P1050188b.thumb.jpg.488d4c6ecae1751f2efb2c3513450580.jpg

We think this may be the one that was paddling in the dam the other day, and what he wanted this time was a very long drink! He emptied that drink bowl completely.

P1050189b.thumb.jpg.2b09562797ee00d89159a3cb461c709e.jpg

Our first job this morning - top up all the drinking spots!

Thanks Rye - the 'roos are only, over the last few days, starting to come in closer to the house. Because of some significant rain we had early Summer we had really good grass growth and they have bee independently eating, and drinking from the dam. Now, with the excessive heat the natural grass has dried off, so they are coming to see if we have bought their bale of hay yet - no we haven't, but we will be doing so very soon to get them through February. :D

Great shot, Dee. Looks like he'll be a dominant male quite soon.

An interesting fact for our Pommy mates, not getting into too much detail.................as can be seen in Kobione's photo above, kangaroo males are rather well endowed! But when the girls are feeling amorous and the fighting starts they can retract these fragile objects into their abdomen to avoid damage. How about that!!!  If you've seen kangaroos fight you'd know why!

Thanks Kev & Leon - not as big s our dominant one - yet!

13 hours ago, Bill said:

Do you have any trouble from the males being aggressive? 

Bill we do have to be careful when walking the dogs on our block. The 'roos are very used to seeing us around, but if the girls came across one unexpectedly when they are in the breeding season there could be a problem. We are lucky that they are used to us, and the girls are used to seeing them, so very little problem. This one, as I said, was only about 10 feet from the back door, David went out a few minutes later and the 'roo had moved away about another 10 feet, and just sat there and watched David - probably thinking 'Ah, they're going to fill the water up again'!

I spotted this, made a mental note to come back and leave a comment and then had one of my (all too frequent) senior moments. Sorry!

What a magnificent beast he is - and I have even more respect for the male 'roos now that I know they can perform the trick described in Brian's comment.

And as a follow-up to Rye's post, a walking buddy of mine assures me there are also wallabies in the Peak District.

Korky

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 20:31, Korky said:

And as a follow-up to Rye's post, a walking buddy of mine assures me there are also wallabies in the Peak District.

Korky

Thanks Korky - you're going to have to watch out for them then!! ( Just don't expect them to be a big as this young guy!

Archived