Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Forum meet up.

JohnP

I was wondering if anyone fancies a forum meet up sometime this summer. So that no one has to travel too far it would need to be fairly central, looking at a map of the country it looks like just east of FUJI's patch would be about right. I live too far SW to do anything in my area. Let's start by collecting names of anyone interested and ideas for subjects, venues etc. It would also be nice to have a pub lunch with time for a good natter. I suppose we also need to have a backup plan in case of bad weather on the day. I've started the ball rolling... over to you lot now then.. get your thinking caps on.

• Like 1

Count me in.

As to a place I don't mind a few hours in the car so lets work out a central point and name the day.

The actual photographic merits don't matter so much as the meeting of people who I personally class as friends.

Fuji - you want to host us in your local castle?

As you said BP meeting other members could take precedence over actual photography, a visit to somewhere such as a castle would be good just to get a few shots to go home with and take cover if the weather was bad on the day. It's a pub lunch and a chance to have a good chat that appeals to me most to be honest.

If possible I would like to attend, and most likely will do if the chosen date is convenient.

I'm away in  Normandy 3-9th  October, we are booking a mini cruise in June or July, apart from that, if i can I will be there.

Sounds great. I'll be leaving all of you to co-ordinate and organise this, obviously! I'll be watching developments though, and somebody please bear in mind what I said in the shout - I could at least be a little part of it, if somebody has skype access available at the time - even if not for the whole event :D

• Like 1

sounds good, we are a bit limited as the dogs don't travel well so we would have to leave them at home so time wise we may be limited to being out of the house for 4 to 5 hours max but we are fairly central in the country so I think we are probably not too far from east of Fuji's patch. As for dates its difficult to tell with work but if a consensus is reached I'll see what I can shuffle to free the time up

I am repeating the gist of my SHOUT here (please read it first)..... Coventry would be good in any weather......Stratford upon Avon will be good too....if you want a Castle...I live almost next door to Kenilworth Castle, two fine pubs, a Pool, a Brook and a Park in Abbey Fields.......our house is too tiny to host a coffee meeting but ...The Clarendon Arms appeals.

But please don't restrict yourselves for me.

FUJI

As much as Stratford appeals to me I feel it's getting a bit far south for Phil & Robin, somewhere near Coventry or even FUJI's back yard would be better for the northerners. I'm happy not to rush this and give folk a chance to put their ideas forword.

The Clarendon Arms appeals.

FUJI

Now I know where you hang out FUJI... :lol:  I just checked their website, good range of food... made my mouth start to water.

I think as this will be our first meet up the emphasis should be on getting to know each other and having a good chat over a meal, by all means bring a camera (maybe a compact or camera phone) but lets not get too serious on the photography side on this occasion. We can all take photos at any time but it's not often we can meet socially, if the day is a success we can then arrange a day of photography and maybe have some sort of competition. Any thoughts on this anyone.

Edited by JohnP

A few things to think of if you head my way........thankfully we are at the hub off all main motorways so relatively easy for travelling.....the Caste isn't open until Easter? ........it isn't a bad weather venue, it needs to be fine and sunny to get best photography....I just wish I had a magic carpet for you all to save time and fuel costs...........Caste entry isn't cheap, but to get cracking photographs you don't have to go inside, there is the wonderful mile and a bit Millennium Walk all around it......Wellie's are advised ........Should the Clarendon Arms be chosen for our meet and chat, I would need to let them know approximate numbers......There is the very commercial Steak House next door, it has more room .........another good venue with lots of room is the modern Almanack gastro pub in town close to a large car park ......great food, good atmosphere, it is within three minutes of the Abbey Fields and ten from the Castle.

Thoughts......From experience, meetings like this can be over in a flash, the pub lunch and travel times could restrict photography time......we must decide.....a photography day.....or a chat over lunch.......decisions, decisions?

I suggest you take a look on Google Earth, and Google the venues so you are all sure.

I must admit, that a Fine-Day Riverside Picnic in Stratford- Upon-Avon appeals to me.....if the weather could be guaranteed......there is Park and Ride if town car parks get full.

Wherever is chosen is going to cost motoring and parking plus entry fees and meal.......Co-ordinating diaries is going to be fun

FUJI

• Like 1

There is also the Butterfly Park and a room next to it to take your picnic in if it's raining in Stratford.
It's only a teaching room but it's somewhere to shelter and eat if needs be and you can go in and out of the Butterfly with your ticket as much as you want during the day.

Historic houses and museum houses connected to Shakespeare in the town. (chargeable to go in)

There is a train station and National run coaches from different places for those who don't want to drive or don't have a car. 

Edited by NannyFerret

It would be easy for me to say lets go to Stratford upon Avon as it's only just over 50 miles from me, if Robin (BP) wants to come it's about 220 to Stratford from Sunderland. It would be a long day for him.

There is nothing there.....just a stone cross on the village green, and the impersonal Manor Hotel......it is the village where Triumph motorbikes were built though........I worked in their derelict factory painting exhibition stands whist the Falklands War was raging.

Kenilworth is around 12 miles away, Stratford 25 ish....Coventry, Warwick and Leamington Spa 15 ish......Birmingham 35 ish....

What needs to be decided is it going to be a lunch and a chat day with a tad of photography thrown in....or......a mainly photography day, with a short lunch or picnic?

Or something else?

FUJI

would be nice if we could do a lunch with something in the afternoon, that way people like me that may not be able stay long can have some lunch and a chat and others that have more time can do both and those who may be a short on funds can just come for the afternoon of snapping 

Like BP said, the meet needn't be specifically about taking pictures more a get to know each other better type of event.

If we have a list of all those likely to attend we are then in a better position to choose a location.

Like BP said, the meet needn't be specifically about taking pictures more a get to know each other better type of event.

If we have a list of all those likely to attend we are then in a better position to choose a location.

I agree with you Phil... I would be happy to get to know each other over lunch.. nothing like a good natter. I'm not too bothered about photography on our first meet up, I would probably just bring my compact for a few shots to go home with. As I said earlier in the thread we could have a photography day at a later date and perhaps have a competition... post our shots on the forum and each vote for the best shot of the day.