Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Echinacea on chipboard....!

Clicker

Not for everyone  this  kind of image ... Blending  textures  that you can make yourself or download from the   net   and  using  very ordinary  photos to  make  very personal  images  is  something  that satisfies  my creative compulsions ... It  isn't difficult to do   so maybe  by posting  pics like these along with Barbara  and Korky  it might make one of two others want to give it a try ..

echinacae 2s.jpg

Thanks  for that ....This was the original photo  JH... .......

P1250719echinacea original.jpg

we are hoping to launch another  branch to the  forum that will be a before and after section  In it I  hope we can show how we arrived at our final  image using  some of the  software many of us have at our disposal ...   SO if anyone wants to  try it for themselves  they will be able to follow a workflow or a text tutorial  to get a similar effect .. many  of you probably know how to do this but some  may not  ...I'm trying to  see if   there is any interest   in this sort of thing.  It's not  just about textures ... it's to show  how any  image can be   changed   to look the way you want it to look ...

I like the finished image very much - the background works well.

If I had to nitpick, I'd say that the petals coming into the frame from bottom left are a little intrusive - worth a few dobs with the clone thingy I'd say.

Korky

Aw thanks Col ...  I get so much pleasure in the actual post processing of the images ... It's probably what I enjoy the most ... The challenge for me is that the image in the camera forms the ingredients for a cake and I have the chance to put them together in various ratios to make  a Victoria sponge, a pavlova  or maybe a cheesecake .  Others can produce the image they want in the camera with more technical skill than I have to do that ...  I am  for instance in awe of your razor sharp aircraft photos ...... But evolving our own style and enjoying doing it is the most important aspect of photography for  me... I can't imagine life without a camera ..

;)

On 9/6/2016 at 08:09, Clicker said:

Thanks  for that ....This was the original photo  JH... .......

we are hoping to launch another  branch to the  forum that will be a before and after section  In it I  hope we can show how we arrived at our final  image using  some of the  software many of us have at our disposal ...   SO if anyone wants to  try it for themselves  they will be able to follow a workflow or a text tutorial  to get a similar effect .. many  of you probably know how to do this but some  may not  ...I'm trying to  see if   there is any interest   in this sort of thing.  It's not  just about textures ... it's to show  how any  image can be   changed   to look the way you want it to look ...

I think the "Before and After" idea is a great one, Polly. I'll be in it!

I'm an avid follower of Yours and Korkys but am at a loss as to how it's done to the degree that you do it. I even bought a Wacom tablet to pursue this line, but never really got started. But I'm a monkey see monkey do, sort of bloke.

So, if you get the chance, Polly, I personally would appreciate it if you would do a blow by blow work flow of how you would go about producing this image.

9 hours ago, kev7d said:

The start image is pretty tasty. :) 

Thanks Kev ......Now you're just confusing me ... :lol:

Thanks too Korks ... Funnily enough .. I  did clone that petal out ...then put it back  cos for some reason It felt better where it was ...  maybe I can take it down a tad as it in the original where it  doesn't look so obvious ...

Thanks  for the feedback Brian .. I will do that  .. I  will get Phil to open up the new section this week if possible .and I will do a workflow  tutorial  on eitherthis image or  something very similar ... Good on you with the tablet  too .. ideal for this  work...

Texture filters are a bit Marmite for me.........I think they work, if you are designing table mats etc, but, for me, not to hang on a wall.....

'Once again, I really admire experimentation and creativity, so for that, full marks..?

FUJI

Thank you both ... As I said Fooj ... Not everyone's cuppa ...It's all done with layers and I generally make my own textures ..anyway  .. I love marm*te   Heheh.  Thanks for the feedback ...always appreciated. 

I shall do a workflow for this pic by the end of the week and ask Phil to cut the ribbon on the new section to launch it this weekend .   Cheers peeps . ;)

I hope the workflow of how I do it is a help then Dee.  With the new thumbnails being smaller now it does mean that each screen shot will need to be clicked on to access the larger size to ensure it's  legible  but I reckon we'll get used to that ... After all it's just another click... And with a name like mine I can hardly complain can I? 

Clicker ... :lol:

Archived