Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The 52 Project - Week 24

Korky

Nice, Kev, but they look a bit new for 1813. But, being a bit interested in history, what's the story behind them.

Nice detailed images, by the way.

Just had another look...............is this a stack of images?

10 hours ago, Brian said:

Nice, Kev, but they look a bit new for 1813. But, being a bit interested in history, what's the story behind them.

Nice detailed images, by the way.

Just had another look...............is this a stack of images?

Thanks for the interest Brian. I am a history fanatic. I particularly have an interest in the coalition wars of the Napoleonic era. It is an immersive hobby for me. I read lots of books and academic studies in respect of the Napoleonic times. Yes to the stack, this is 2 sides of the same coin.

In respect of this "medal". This is a bronze replica copy of a Waterloo Campaign medal that was issued to every soldier present and on the roll call at the Battle of Waterloo in June 1815. The replica was made to remember the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo. I made the trip to Waterloo on 18th June 2015 following my interests. This is where history became very personal for me. In searching archives I discovered that one of my ancestors, William Wharin, was present at the Battle of Waterloo. He served as a drummer. Below is a copy of the roll call page that I found in archives - Drummer William Wharin. Below the name are the words "Nominal list of Capt Gordons Company 3rd Battalion Royal Artillery who were present at the Battle of Waterloo". William was 15 years old on the 18th June 1815. It made the trip to Waterloo very special, knowing that I had an ancestor, a 15 year old drummer boy, who was beating out the orders at the Battle of Waterloo.

27220522563_18cced5692_b.jpg

A very small part of my Napoleonic book collection.

23859552413_ed67b40a24_b.jpg

14 minutes ago, Brian said:

That's great, Kev. Thanks for the low down on the medal, it was very interesting. You'd be very proud of young William. He was lucky to have survived such carnage.

He lived to a good old age. He went on to serve in Canada. He never returned to England after retiring from the army in Canada some years later. I found his obituary in an archive from The Times newspaper. He died peacefully with family.   :) I am now interested in researching my partners family history. She is a French national. I am interested to find out if she had an ancestor present at any of the coalition wars. There is a strong possibility of this. Even the possibility of a presence at Waterloo. That would be great.

Being winter here and a bit damp, there is a profusion of fungi to choose from in the local State Park. While out this afternoon, I grabbed a couple of shots for this week's 52 project. A stack of 5 images.

2016-06-22-17.27.55 ZS PMax.jpg

"Feel the Power - 23/06/16 "

That's just what I said too Lord K ....:lol:

ps Korks ... I  do like the  new format   better  for the 52 Project...it feels like more fun although I  did understand your wish to keep things  tidy and ordered...That must be  the result of all the years that Matron slapped you into submission teaching you how to do the envelope corners when making your bed...:whistle:

mazda 5x  grey 1s.jpg

10 hours ago, Clicker said:

"Feel the Power - 23/06/16 "

Are these the new wheels, Polly. I don't think I would even be able to get into one of those! Although in my youth I did come close with an Austin 7 Ruby with a soft top. 750cc's of raw power.

I have the choice Brian ... ... But it's not very practical now is it ...  It is a great car to drive though ...I can get in it ..., getting out will be the problem   ;)...  I think  I will opt for the Mazda 3 Sport Nav again ...just can't decide on the colour  ... 

18 hours ago, Korky said:

Feel the Power - 23/06/16

Pylon.jpg

The countryside around where I live is in the middle of the national grid and theres pylons in abundance. In a way, they are beautiful and I have many a photo that I love with power lines/pylons in them. WIll post one to my gallery.

On 6/25/2016 at 12:49, Clicker said:

;)...  I think  I will opt for the Mazda 3 Sport Nav again ...just can't decide on the colour  ... 

With your recent experiences...............fluro orange!

Archived