Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Testing

Mitch

Well I guess I am not only testing this Macro Lens but also if I am able to post lol.

So far so good, so hats off to you Phil........ This Fly was perched on the top of my fence, so pretty much a grab shot, think the Lens was set to 2:1.

test-007tipf.jpg

11 hours ago, fuzzyedges said:

Nice image 

As I am in and mostly out with the gremlins I have missed what lens and was this natural light 

Oooooh looks like normal service so far today :D ....... it is the Canon mpe 65 Lens 5:! ....and was shot using a ring flash

On 3/24/2016 at 14:08, fuzzyedges said:

That explains the all round lighting 

You did well from what ive heard and seen that lens takes some taming 

There is always some on E bay for that reason 

That is an under statement and think I have created more problems by acquiring the ring flash, because the focal distance is so small the housing of the ring flash gets in the way catching on the surroundings, you either scare your subject away, or you just can't get in close enough due to the bulk of the ring flash... I can always rig something up with my speed-lite, I still have an off center flash bracket for the camera somewhere lol...the main problem will be the lack of light, with the ring flash you have a much needed lamp mode that you can turn on, which is needed on a dull day due to this lens being a very light thirsty lens..... But that all said and done? There is no way I would sell this Lens on Ebay, when I eventually get it right, the results will be worth it, after all there has to be a challenge, if it was too easy everyone would be doing it lol

Excellent start Mitch.

The problems as you are quickly becoming aware of is having enough light on the subject when so very close. A ringflash on the front is a solution that helps (I use one) but does mean it gets between the lens and the subject - a new problem to resolve!

Having said that - this is a super attempt and the detail in the compound eye is wonderful.

Paul.

Archived