Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Three Trees

Ryewolf

Well, I thought I'd jump right in with a Treetych.... or maybe that should be a Triptree

Canon EOS 100D, EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM

#1 f13, 1/1000th, iso400

tree-7970.jpg

#2 f13, 1/800th, iso400

tree-7980.jpg

#3 f13, 1/1250th, iso400

tree-7983.jpg

I'd gone to talk photos of the 1st tree which I'd seen on a previous day driving past and spotted the other two on the walk to it.

Thanks for all the positive comments and likes. Number 3 almost didn't make it into the set, I'd already chosen a different one, but when I saw all 3 together, the one I'd chosen didn't really fit with the other two. So I looked through the shots I'd done and picked 3. When I was looking at them in PSP7, I had them all all side by side and saw them as as triptyche. It wasn't until I saw all 3 together I'd aligned them with the 1st on the right, 2nd in the centre and 3rd to the left. It was only by pure accident, on the first image to the right is a massive window turbine - which I also took a couple of shots of, on the 3rd to to left where other trees.

These are by far most favourite pictures of this year, and all taken within 30 minutes walk of each other, plus there was a very eerie pine forest that I walked through - and a rather interesting tree right in the middle

Apparently the technical term is dendrophilia - literally meaning love of trees. I must admit to being a sucker for trees myself and I've caputured lots of shots of solitary trees and trees on ridgelines. Expect to see more tree from me.

No lone trees for months, then three come along at the same time ;-)

All beautifully rendered Geoff, with the first being my favourite.......

LEON was trying to point out that I have a Phobia about certain Lone Trees.........but only the Thorn variety up on't Moors where Stone Pavement is .......all surrounded by tripod holes three feet deep....

.....Please don't mention Milky Water ;-)

FUJI

Thanks for all the positive comments and likes. Number 3 almost didn't make it into the set, I'd already chosen a different one, but when I saw all 3 together, the one I'd chosen didn't really fit with the other two. So I looked through the shots I'd done and picked 3. When I was looking at them in PSP7, I had them all all side by side and saw them as as triptyche. It wasn't until I saw all 3 together I'd aligned them with the 1st on the right, 2nd in the centre and 3rd to the left. It was only by pure accident, on the first image to the right is a massive window turbine - which I also took a couple of shots of, on the 3rd to to left where other trees.

Interesting POV. For me, the weakest shot is the first. Not because of the tree and sky (which are great) but because of the bottom strip from the horizon down; it lacks all interest for me, compared to the interesting curves in the other two shots.

Archived