Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Mildenhall 2 visits

Monkey

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

Fantastic selection of aircraft photos Monkey  I presume you were there for the D-Day FlyPast  ...  That must have been an awesome sight to behold ...  

My favourite  is  #4 ..but they are all excellent ..

Thanks,Unfortunately i didn't go to the D_Day flypasts, I dont do crowds if at all possible 

59 minutes ago, Denis said:

Love the V-22 Osprey shots Monkey, and I notice you got the Special Forces Herc's too :)

Thanks Denis The first one was shot at 1/40 at 400mm 

43 minutes ago, Clicker said:

The Osprey   shots showing that variable  rotor angle  are  fabulous I agree ...   The US do have some  firepower  don't they ?... 

Yes they sure do but so do we although the RAF dont show off as much lol

2 hours ago, JohnP said:

Brilliant shots!

Which camera do you use and what settings to get images this good? The shutter speed was just right not to freeze the propellers/rotors.

Thank you John I mainly use a Canon 7D2 with an EF100-400mmf4.5-5.6L IS USM MK2 for jets shutter speed is around 1/800 to 1/2000 de[ending on speed, light and whether im panning to blur back then it drops massively. For props I start at 1/160 aiming to get what we call "full circles" of blur but with Ospreys and chinooks the rotor and blades are massive and revolve a lot slower than normal Helos so i tend to get a bit silly and drop really low below 1/100 to as low as 1/40 its not easy either when you panning and moving about with 400mm so i do expect a few totally blurred 

I also use a 6D FF body mainly when light gets really poor as that can handle extremely high ISO but its nowhere near as fast as the 7D2 for focusing, bursts and buffer size 

I set cameras nominally in TV 1/1250 ISO auto high speed burst, Metering is either  centre weighted or partial, I set exposure compensation to +2/3 stop i then adjust the 7D2 focus system to my liking  I then program that to the "C2" setting then i will change the shutter to 1/160 and save everything to"C1" .."C3" has a totally different setup regarding the focus system but the rest is similar to jets and thats for BIF 

Any of the settings above i can change "on the fly" so to speak whist camera is at my eye if needed.

I dont use IS (stabilization) for fast stuff IE jets and BIF as it slows down the system but for the slow shutter speeds i sometimes use mode 2 IS or mode 3 IS on the lens 

I only shoot RAW which does give me some leeway to adjust if needed especially white balance as that does have a tendency to freak out, You cannot adjust white balance in Jpegs 

All 4 cameras we have are setup to use BBF this has major benefits especially when your tracking anything moving 

Finally Good glass is also the key but it dont come cheap

1 hour ago, vanguard said:

Brilliant shots mate. Looks like you found my second home. Were  your shots taken from John camp site or around folles rd.

Thanks Its probably my 4th home lol been 3 times this year stay in johns and usually take photos straight from tent 

1st home is The Loop

2nd Home my Local RAF Coningsby

3rd RAF Marham 

Other than when away with the wife

1st Scotland 

2nd Lake District

3rd North Wales

57 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Thanks Its probably my 4th home lol been 3 times this year stay in johns and usually take photos straight from tent 

1st home is The Loop

2nd Home my Local RAF Coningsby

3rd RAF Marham 

Other than when away with the wife

1st Scotland 

2nd Lake District

3rd North Wales

Similar to me then lol

1st mildenhall 

2nd lakenheath 

3 rd marham

4th  Coningsby

And hopefully I can soon add brize Norton to my list .

• 3 weeks later...

Archived