David995031

Bridge Over the River Avon

Now David, I have a thing about bridges, dont ask why but I love a good bridge photo..and this is a particularly fine bridge to boot....and shoot :) 

Like the sunlight reflections, love the brickwork :)

This is about reflections as much as anything.  Nice.

Nice subject David - agree that it is the light of the reflections that make it.

The dappled light under the arches looks lovely.

Korky

The light, architecture, reflections and framing ticks all my boxes, beautiful shot.

I must admit to being a bit curious about where that little tunnel leads, on the far bank, railings around the top and 1/2 buried by greenery 😉

4 hours ago, WereBo said:

The light, architecture, reflections and framing ticks all my boxes, beautiful shot.

I must admit to being a bit curious about where that little tunnel leads, on the far bank, railings around the top and 1/2 buried by greenery 😉

Thank you for your interest. Don't know about the tunnel but I suspect it is an outlet for drainage from the road above when there is heavy rain.  Bit dull I am afraid!

Aahh that makes sense...  I've always been curious about odd things like that,  A couple o' years ago I noticed a similar 'gap' in the riverside-wall near me, it turned out to be an entry/exit to the Grand Surrey Canal (part of the old Rotherhithe and Surrey  docks), now filled in and built on.