Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

More high country

Brian

I wonder how many of you remember when Prince Charles was a kid and came to Australia to study at Geelong Grammar School.

Timbertop, which is up in the high country, is the school's camp, where rich people's brats are sent to toughen up. This is one of their groups and, rich or poor, kids just love water...............even if it is nearly freezing!

0A3A7557.thumb.jpg.46b8e0a7a97478328912943686e92821.jpg

Hello, Brian - Yes, it's always a pleasure to see a bit of life from the other end.

I don't really remember when Charlie was a kid cos I was a kid as well - I was born 14 days after Chaz, but I had to make do with Sacred Heart Primary School where adventure sports involved throwing beanbags and running round the school yard, all the while wearing an Aertex vest and big, flappy shorts. God, I hated that Mr Cheetham, he was a bloody sadist he was - left me mentally scarred. I still have flashbacks!

Korky

Always good to see your slices of life from downunder...

Alas I was far too young to remember Charles going to Austrailia. I hated sports at school - in summer it was either Cricket or Cross Country Running, in winter it was football or cross country running, I was particularly rubbish at football and cricket, mind you I wasn't that good at cross country running our sports teacher - Mr Thompson was also a bloody sadist and had a monstrous size 15 pump that he was fond of using.... it put me off any sort of sport for life....

13 hours ago, Korky said:
3 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Always good to see your slices of life from downunder...

Mr Thompson was also a bloody sadist and had a monstrous size 15 pump that he was fond of using.... it put me off any sort of sport for life....

God, I hated that Mr Cheetham, he was a bloody sadist he was - left me mentally scarred. I still have flashbacks!

Korky

Strange that Sports Masters were all sadists that seemed hell bent on turning kids off sport for life. They used to think I was good at Rugby, but the truth of the matter was that if (God forbid) I got the ball, I'd take off in absolute terror, knowing the pain if I got caught with it.

On 19/05/2018 at 13:33, Brian said:

I wonder how many of you remember when Prince Charles was a kid and came to Australia to study at Geelong Grammar School

You've got me on that one  

You mean you're not one of the participants!  

50 minutes ago, Phil said:

You've got me on that one 

You mean you're not one of the participants! 

I wish I was one of them. I'd love to have a go on one of those rafts.

Aha  it seems you're correct ...all PE masters were sadistic so and so's ..Hubby remembers vividly being slippered for making sparks using the metal studs on his rugby boots on the tiles of the changing room floor..How did they get away with that ?

13 minutes ago, Clicker said:

How did they get away with that ?

Different times. One of our woodwork teachers had a ping pong bat, without the rubber, and OUCH!! written on (in reverse of course) it in chalk.

Archived