Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Birmingham Victorian Canal

Went back to Birmingham City last night to capture this tunnel without loads of photographers milling around

It was a bit scary at 10 pm on my own, my back was turned to a small walkway which was a blind alley and I couldnt see any distance to check if anyone was coming up behind me

The shot was a little rushed therefore, I probably only spent 5 minutes there.  I'm relatively pleased with the result compared to my last attempt

Tunnel.jpg

17 minutes ago, Stravinsky said:

Im considering cropping out the two arches to the right

I guess there'd be arguments either way. Whatever you decide the image will never be balanced due to the walkway on the left, I think I'd be inclined to leave it as-is. A mono version has to be on the way, surely?  

I can imagine it was very eerie, but you've come away with an excellent image that's full of detail.

The composition is good.  The problem for me is the burned out highlights at the edges of the image.  This is too good to lose and so rather than fiddle with it, it might worth another go but tripod mount two exposure, one general like this and the second spot metered on the lights.  Place the first over the second in PP and cut through to the  properly exposed bright areas.   It would be worth it because the colours are stunning.

Yes, they are very bright lights.  I wasnt going to hang around there too long, it was a bit worrying.  I may get the chance to go back with backup, but when your hanging around places like that on your own with £5k's worth of equipment with you its a bit unnerving <sodemoji.1f604></sodemoji.1f604>

33 minutes ago, Stravinsky said:

......................................................................................................... but when your hanging around places like that on your own with £5k's worth of equipment with you its a bit unnerving 

................. been there and I wasn't underground so I know what you mean.

Archived