Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Yosemite

Stravinsky

Sorry I havent been on much, been off on my holidays

Managed to get from San Diego to San Francisco via Yosemite and the Sequoia National Park - Lots of big trees

These are a few from Yosemite ... one of my favourite places on earth .... well, that was until I stumbled across the Sequoia park and Kings Canyon

Yosemite432A5659website.jpg

Yosemite432A5646Website.jpg

Yosemite432A5639website.jpg

Oh Stravinsky... gorgeous scenery ... David is right to say jaw droppingly beautiful....  grand is a word that comes to mind too .. the vast  size is captured here especially in the second image ..all composed beautifully. I do hope you have lots more for us to see from your adventure . 

3 hours ago, David995031 said:

I was fortunate to visit Yosemite last year. Jaw droppingly beautiful and your photographs do it justice. Got any more?

Of the whole trip?  About 600 :1_grinning:

I've got my favourite to work on yet though, an Ansel Adams copy attempt from tunnel view 

Very worryingly, I walked along the base path at El Capitan last week.  Thats about 50 yards from the wall.  There were a number of climbers half way up.  They must all be mad!  This morning I see reports of two huge rock falls off the face of El Capitan.  Had it happened when I was on that path I wouldnt be here to tell the tale 

Oh tunnel view - one of the world's great vistas. Hope you will let us see it when it is ready. I read about the El Capitan rock fall, I believe there was one fatality. sad. My favourite shot of the trip was Half Dome from the Tioga Pass road (Highway 120 I think). I should upload it sometime.

3 hours ago, Clicker said:

I did think of you and your trip when I heard that this morning ... what a tragedy ...  makes one realise  one's fragile toe hold on the tightrope that is life ... 

Thats very true.  Wife and I were talking about it earlier.  Where that rock dropped, we actually stopped and sat on a log eating our lunch for 45 minutes.  Of course the possibility that the mountain might collapse on us wasnt even in our minds.

Frankly I'm amazed that the death toll was just one.  Yosemite is seething at the moment with campers and walkers.  Thats why we got there early in the morning, to try and avoid them

1 hour ago, Richard said:

stunning views, just planning a US trip and the sequoia national park is on the list.

I would definitely put Kings Canyon & Sequoia National Park on the list.  Its about 2.5 hours from the West entrance, but less from the South entrance.  Sequoia is stunning.  You will need two days there though.  I have a lot of shots of the Sequoia Park, but we had little time at Kings Canyon

14 hours ago, Stravinsky said:

I would definitely put Kings Canyon & Sequoia National Park on the list.  Its about 2.5 hours from the West entrance, but less from the South entrance.  Sequoia is stunning.  You will need two days there though.  I have a lot of shots of the Sequoia Park, but we had little time at Kings Canyon

wont have two days there I doubt. We are currently planning the trip which we hope will be 10 weeks long and will span the US we hope to spend a few days in various places like, san francisco, las vegas, new orleans, nashville, new york and some others. The current route is over 15,000 miles so we may have to trim that a little lol and invest in a bucket load of sd cards 

How are you managing that car wise?  My original plan was to get a flight to New York and then drive across the States via the North.  But I ran into all kinds of problems with car hire.  Most of them dont like collect NY, return SF.  If they do accept it they charge huge restitution costs, often more than the car hire itself!

been looking at booking one way hire from san francisco to augusta maine its not cheap ( £3k) but not seen any repatriation charges yet but haven't looked in detail so thanks for the tip

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

been looking at booking one way hire from san francisco to augusta maine its not cheap ( £3k) but not seen any repatriation charges yet but haven't looked in detail so thanks for the tip

That will probably include the repatriation charges then, maybe.  Two weeks cost us £300, collect LA, deliver SF.  Argus Car Hire.  Buy your own excess and extra damage insurance.  About £40 - £45 a year from insurance4carhire.com.

8 minutes ago, Stravinsky said:

That will probably include the repatriation charges then, maybe.  Two weeks cost us £300, collect LA, deliver SF.  Argus Car Hire.  Buy your own excess and extra damage insurance.  About £40 - £45 a year from insurance4carhire.com.

£300 for two weeks was that a small car?  

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

£300 for two weeks was that a small car?  

Mid Size, Elantra. Big enough for two big cases, all the normal stuff but it was manual central locking instead of electronic, that was the only non luxury.  Argus is a site that gets best rates, not actual car hire (but you book it through them).  Ive used them several times.  They were cheaper for dollar than on dollars own site.  I guess it must be a discounting thing.  the full size wouldnt have been a huge amount more, just that there were only 2 of us

Archived