Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Wireless Flash Triggers

I have the cheap ones from Amazon

The quality is not there but with a little pressing and twisting when the transmitter is on the hot shoe once they work they seem to work if you know what I mean

If you go the cheap way I reccomend getting the transmitter and 2 receiver kits they are £13.49 at the moment probably cheaper on flea bay

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_14?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=wireless+flash+trigger&sprefix=wireless+flash%2Caps%2C301

Then you can have a receiver free when the battery's go in the other unit Or alternativly you can light with two flashes

They also have the advantage of seperating the camera trigger signal from the flash which means you can use those old flashguns without frying the camera internals

the ones on e bay  look like the ones I have

Edited by fuzzyedges
  • Like 1

I use Yongnuo which I was going to do a write up on now I have experimented with them. I also have one of their flash controllers and flash guns so they do work together well. Also, as I found recently, on the Nikon (my triggers are for Nikon) they have a lead that comes with a trigger pair that plugs into the remote release socket on the camera and then to one of the triggers giving me a wireless shutter release over quite a range.

I also use one of the triggers on a screwing type mains flash unit and it works fine by plugging the flash lead into the trigger. I think they are amazing bits of kit. Just under £19 for a pair.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yongnuo-Wireless-Trigger-Shutter-Release/dp/B00A4X29X4/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1422120869&sr=1-9&keywords=yongnuo

• Like 1

If I was relying on one then yes to a pocket wizard but for just rsing about you cant beat the cheapo ones

9 times out of ten they will work but as Murphy says its the tenth shot that was the one the other 9 although perfectly exposed are going for the pixel bin

• Like 1

my very brief time at the camera club we used the Neewer ones, seemed plasticky in the hand bur worked 100% of the time on the night (except a girl who could not get them to work on her bridge, I think it was a HS30 though that could of been user error?)

A pair of Yongnuo RF-603N wireless flash triggers had arrived in the post when I got in from work today. I'm looking forward to trying them out, especially since the box says, "Unlimited Wonderful" and "Easy Grasp".

Now then, where did I put those batteries I got yesterday?   :D

I've been having a bit of a play with the new wireless flash triggers and have found a small issue. I wonder if anyone else has had this experience.

The max shutter/ flash sync speed on my Nikon D5100 is 1/200 sec. But with the wireless system in use there must be a small delay which reduces the sync speed because it appears that the shutter is already beginning to close.  (I think the shutter mechanism travels from the top down, the lens reverses the image so the shutter appears to travel from the bottom up)

1/200 sec f8

_DSC0739_zpsfedqogkw.jpg

1/160 sec f8

_DSC0741_zpse88bssoa.jpg

For these shots the flash was about 12 ft away to my right and bounced off the ceiling.

Cheers Paul! I realise it's not a real issue as I know I can shoot at a lower shutter speed as you say. It's just a matter of remembering to do it.

I also have another problem; the sun was setting and the curtains were closed for the evening, my youngest daughter is still in her pyjamas. She's just got dressed and gone out but I will probably meet her tomorrow as she comes in and I go out. The real problem is, why can't I do that any more?

my very brief time at the camera club we used the Neewer ones, seemed plasticky in the hand bur worked 100% of the time on the night (except a girl who could not get them to work on her bridge, I think it was a HS30 though that could of been user error?)

Probably didn't turn the use external flash option on in the menu, you have to do this when using anything other than the Fuji Dedicated flash Guns.

Paul

I'm excited - my wireless Yongnuo triggers have arrived.  I bought the more expensive ones that also (reputedly) do ttl - they cost £75 for one transmitter and two receivers (or whatever they're called).  Hoping to find time for a play with them tomorrow.  The translated-from-Chinese instructions look amusing!  Or should that be 'bemusing'?

What I must remember to do today is buy more batteries!  Two in each of the trigger thingies and four in each flash gun adds up to 14!  Think I'll get some decent rechargeables.

I'm really looking forward to being able to go out with a small bag containing my lighting kit, instead of a massive bag containing my studio lights, stands, extension cables etc.

So watch this space.  Although perhaps not for a while, whilst I work them out  :-)

I use Yongnuo which I was going to do a write up on now I have experimented with them. I also have one of their flash controllers and flash guns so they do work together well. Also, as I found recently, on the Nikon (my triggers are for Nikon) they have a lead that comes with a trigger pair that plugs into the remote release socket on the camera and then to one of the triggers giving me a wireless shutter release over quite a range.

I also use one of the triggers on a screwing type mains flash unit and it works fine by plugging the flash lead into the trigger. I think they are amazing bits of kit. Just under £19 for a pair.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yongnuo-Wireless-Trigger-Shutter-Release/dp/B00A4X29X4/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1422120869&sr=1-9&keywords=yongnuo

I love my yngnuos!

they have never failed on me

Today was the first chance I had to play with my new Yongnuo flash triggers.  My first picture is over in the Pets thread http://www.tipf.co.uk/index.php/topic/9450-first-pic-using-flash-triggers/ as for some reason, I couldn't post it in here.

Do the settings on the transmitter on the camera override the flash settings both on the camera and the flash guns?  I've turned off the commander mode on my Nikon, but if I set, say Manual on the transmitter, does it override the fact that the guns are set to TTL?  Or vice-versa?

Never had a TTL flash so I don't really know. However, are the triggers compatible with TTL? Mine are just straight triggers, they do not carry any information between the flash and camera. I assume the commander mode has its own way of triggering but not having used one, I am not sure. I find manual flash so much easier to measure and control lol.