Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

What is Santa bringing you ?

JHFoto

I'm with RONL on this, HID encouraged me to buy the Fuji X-T1 and several lenses etc. Well chuffed.

A happy few days with my family will do me well...................................................................................

................................................................................................................................................................

then I can get out and enjoy myself :jig:

My (much) better half has a tradition where we have presents, the usual Christmas socks, Lynx and fun stuff but after dinner, we have our main present.  Annoyingly, the rest of the family will not be with us until Boxing day and I have been told that that will be the after dinner day so I have to wait 24 hours......

Anyway, I have hinted strongly that I would like an Off Camera flash gun (Speedlight) but I wanted a manual not TTL or anything, with a light stand adaptor and radio trigger.  However, I will not know if the hint was strong enough until Boxing Day...... Oh the agony of not knowing........ :wallbash:

• Like 1

My wife (Yvonne) has bought me the iMac I posted about a few weeks ago, although I can't have it until tomorrow I have DIY upgraded it to 12GB, installed OS X Yosemite and will be installing Windows 7 via Apple Bootcamp after Christmas. 

and I think she might have bought me another present or two too.

My wife (Yvonne) has bought me the iMac I posted about a few weeks ago, although I can't have it until tomorrow I have DIY upgraded it to 12GB, installed OS X Yosemite and will be installing Windows 7 via Apple Bootcamp after Christmas. 

and I think she might have bought me another present or two too.

If you really need Windows (WHY?? :lol: ) and you still have your install disks for it, you could do a lot worse than pick up a copy of Parallels or VMWare - both of them allow you to install Windows as a virtual machine WITHIN OS X : that means you can run Windows programs in a separate window within OS X without having to reboot from OS X to Windows and back each time, which is what you'd have to do with Bootcamp. Once you've done that, you can delete the Windows partition in Bootcamp and reclaim that space.

I got a Kobo reader off John as reading helps me too relax and I can see it in the daylight which is hard with my tablet, and various presents from my kids,

Being able to give my children and grandchildren all a present each as it gives me so much pleasure  is first on my list, though.

Also the safe delivery in April of our first great grandchild (I have bought her a first teddy for Christmas even though she is still a bump in her mummy's tummy. :wub: 

If you really need Windows (WHY??

Because my portable CS6 is windows based and its cheaper than buying a new version.

I'm using Apple Boot camp as it is free and doesn't slow your mac down by running two OS, although I may still 'opt' for Parallels if I find switching a pain in the bum.

Edited by colinb

Because my portable CS6 is windows based and its cheaper than buying a new version.

I'm using Apple Boot camp as it is free and doesn't slow your mac down by running two OS, although I may still 'opt' for Parallels if I find switching a pain in the bum.

If you don't mind rebooting to do some work in CS6, that makes sense. Having said that, Parallels releases its memory when you switch to another app so it doesn't actually slow your Mac down. 

Pixelmator doesn't do nearly everything that Photoshop does, but it's a graphics editor with full layer/text/filter/adjustments support, and costs around £30 or so, so you might find yourself using that for 75% or more of your image editing work, unless you regularly do complex edits.

I guess that my new specs were my best Christmas present, I can see clearly wherever I look now and can read the tiniest of fonts....

I have a rich distant cousin in law, who has just treated himself to a top of the range leather jacket, almost a thousand quids worth.....he has passed his old one on to me.

Not quite my thing I thought, the Biker Look isn't my bag, but.......after watching a recorded TV program, I saw that David Bailey wore one.......that's good enough for me.

I will be ready for the threatened snow later today, wearing my soft, shiny, black leather jacket, camera slung casually around my neck .......must dig out that crimson silk scarf ;-)

Seriously though.......I am still making up my mind if it suits me.

My rich distant cousin in law? ........Hes'e over 80 , with more money than sense.

FUJI

Edited by FUJI