Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Roll Over Beethoven

Paul

Roll Over Beethoven!

Struggling with a twisted knee, and not withstanding (see what I did there?...) that there are so few creatures around that are tiny, photo opportunities are few and far between but tonight I found a globby playing silly buggers, rolling on it's back on a leaf in the pond. 

Fear not, it was soon back on it's feet and away again.

However, once I got this tiny springtail cropped on the PC, I realised there was a baby one in the vicinity!

Not the best pic, but I thought I would share it.

post-784-0-80132600-1419115045.jpg

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Not wanting to doubt you but a 1/4mm,,? that is getting microscopic do you mean a 1/4 centimetre..?

cheers

Ron 

Nope Ron - I really do mean ¼mm.

The big one on the right is maybe, only maybe, just about 1mm in size as it is. So the one on the left is incredibly small.

To actually take the photograph - I had to look for a different coloured brown speck on the leaf, and then use Live View on the camera screen at x4 magnification just to get any kind of focus on the big one. It was a retrospective discovery of the baby that even surprised me!

I used 3 extension tubes on the 100mm macro lens at maximum magnification for the shot.

Here is the original uncropped image for comparison:

post-784-0-59755600-1419117534.jpg

Paul.

Wow Paul, that is impressive the baby at 10 one thousands of an inch, I doubt I would have even seen it, well done

Ron

Cheers m8 - that's the world of macro photography - always full of surprises - and never fails to amaze me. That's whjy I love this genre so much.

Paul.

WOW!

Paul you've done it again.........captured a special moment of miniature Bug Life........this pic should be offered to a relevant publication, for the general public to see what they are missing.

I admire your tenacity, macro skills and patience.

More please.

FUJI

WOW!

Paul you've done it again.........captured a special moment of miniature Bug Life........this pic should be offered to a relevant publication, for the general public to see what they are missing.

I admire your tenacity, macro skills and patience.

More please.

FUJI

I can only echo fuji's views. When it comes to macro you certainly are the boss :)

Thank you gentlemen  :)

Paul.

Amazing shots, where on earth do you fing these thing?

Geoff

They are in all gardens I reckon Geoff. But these were really tiny, and I could only be sure they were globbies when I got my eyes within a few inches and saw they were moving!

Paul.

They are in all gardens I reckon Geoff. But these were really tiny, and I could only be sure they were globbies when I got my eyes within a few inches and saw they were moving!

Paul.

You must have cracking eyesight paul!

Archived