Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Culdrose Air Day 2014

I am not usually one for photographing planes but I was invited to see the air show from client's restaurant garden today and took my camera along to 'try' and get some shots. It was more difficult then I was expecting but I like how a few of the shots came out.

The two below are of the Vulcan Bomber, which I am told probably won't be seen for much longer. I can post a few more shots of the other planes if people seem interested.

14772669536_56a61a5cf8_o.jpg

14609031188_988cfb7f41_o.jpg

Ah the veritable 'Tin Triangle' she has flown for the past few years and I still have not managed to see her flying!

I last saw XH558 displaying at North Weald in 1991 before she was grounded

Always good to see a pic of the Vulcan :)

The 'Tin triangle' indeed. Every year is her last year - they always manage another... 

I love seeing it fly but it isn't wonderful for the airshow scene in my view.

Some nice photos you have here - nice angles and good crops both.

Just heard that the Sea Fury crash landed with engine failure at Culdrose today, I watched her a couple of weeks ago at North Weald while doing engine run up tests, damn, what a shame!

Thanks for the comments. :)

They're not crops but I had to lighten them in Photoshop so perhaps the quality isn't as good as it could be (plus it's added more noise). I wasn't sure on the best settings to use but am still pleased with some of the results.

The crash was a shame but thankfully no one got hurt.

I'll see if I can post a few more once I go through them.

Here's some more after sorting through them:

14817145583_b43f408601_o.jpg

14610788257_5f2c508c2d_o.jpg

14774308526_1d54cb2d15_o.jpg

14610787897_b4da2e7f49_o.jpg

14797300215_625cb75c3b_o.jpg

14610674918_dd5a999dc7_o.jpg

14797299125_8b38a9f8ba_o.jpg

14610674528_044fcf7068_o.jpg

14796951072_84edf5b9e8_o.jpg

I would have liked more motion blur on the propellers but at the time I was just concentrating on getting some sharp shots.

Wonderful pics Mark..............sad thing is, I clearly remember all those early jets first time around..............living close to Coventry, the first Meteors, Vampires and even the ....Flying Wing....were regularly seen and heard above us. Just imagine what it was like to see a propeller-less aircraft for the first time, never mind hearing the whine, whistle then roar of jet engines that became increasingly more powerful.

Throughout my teens from age ten, I attended every Bagington Air Show, so witnessed the earliest development of jet aircraft, including every fighter, then commercial models. In 1952? Many people plus, the young sister of one of my classmates was killed at Farnborough when an early fighter exploded in mid air over the crowd, this incident can can still be seen on a YouTube video.

We also followed the progress leading up to the first breaking of the....Sound Barrier.....the contemporary film with that title caused great excitement......Locally, we often heard explosions caused by the first of sound barrier breaking planes doing their stuff, complaints about broken windows and terrified livestock were quite common.

The Spitfire? ........as a wartime brat, we kids were all experts on aircraft recognition........

......Love Aircraft....... hate flying.

We live under two of the final approach routes into Birmingham International Airport, so we get a plane every few minutes, I regularly sit in the garden, watching out for the amazingly slow and quiet approach of the undercarriage down Emirates Boeing 777 ......its take-off is a bit noisier.

Keep posting aircraft ..... Love 'em. ;-)

One eyed FUJI

Archived