Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

by Royal appointment

pauln

I'd be thrilled too!

Beautifully shot. Can you remember what lens you had on?

Superb! Words fail me..

(BTW did you realise you posted the first picture twice? So good, they...)

I was using the canon 100-400L and yes I did realise after I'd posted but didn't know how to remove it lol

You did really really well to get so close. Beware of the law when photographing kingfishers though (not that anyone from the law or the RSPB is likely to catch you) but :

"As a fairly rare, easily disturbed bird, the kingfisher is afforded the highest degree of legal protection under the Schedule 1 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.

It is an offence to take, injure or kill a kingfisher or to take, damage or destroy its nest, eggs or young. It is also an offence to intentionally or recklessly disturb the birds close to their nest during the breeding season. Violation of the law can attract fines up to £5,000 per offence and/or a prison sentence of up to six months."

I know of one person who was almost prosecuted because he got too close to a nesting pair...

Paul.

This one is a juvenile which I took at the roadside, it was in an area where the nest site is easily 1000 yards away on the other side of the reservoir. I could apply for a licence to photograph at the nest site through English nature but there's no way to get near it as the foot path is locked due to work being done to expand the reservoir but you are right you can be prosecuted for disturbance, taking and destruction of nest sites

How many more 'stunnings' can you stand Paul?? That's all I can think of, because they are!!!!! STUNNING!!!

Thanks for sharing these - something we don't get to see :D

well obviously compliments are welcomed lol but in all seriousness these little birds are "stunning" they absolutely fascinate me and your right stunning is the only word I can think of when I see a kingfisher. Now I just need to get some better pics :)

Archived