Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Totally knackered.

JohnP

I'm really pleased with myself, I've managed to get to the top of the two highest peaks in the Brecon Beacons today, that's Pen Y Fan and Corn Du. Pen Y Fan is 2,929ft above sea level and is the highest peak south of Snowdon. Taking into account I'm 68 in August and I have a bad leg which I was lucky not to lose in a motorcycle accident when I was almost 20 and have continual problems with it, I think it's fantastic that I managed to climb these peaks. I've wanted to climb them for ages, they are close to one another and I reached Corn Du first and then proceeded on to Pen Y Fan. Last evening I had everything packed in my rucksack to go bugging today, when I got out of bed at 6.45am this morning my leg felt as good as it ever is and the weather looked great so I chucked everything out of my rucksack and sorted the minimum that I would need to take on a walk in the Brecon Beacons. I started my walk at about 9.30am and it took me 1hr 50mins to reach the summit of Corn Du, I spent a bit of time there and then reached the summit of Pen Y Fan at 12.35pm. After resting, eating my sandwiches and taking photos I started my walk back to my car. I find it almost as hard walking downhill as up and my legs will probably ache even more in the morning. While writing this I've sunk two bottles of Magners Pear Cider which I think I've earned. This isn't a great photo, but I was grateful that I got someone to take a shot of me at the summit of Pen Y Fan.

post-19-0-46851600-1403368032.jpg

• Like 3

Well done, not only on getting to the tops, but on achieving something you've wanted to do!

Thank you Bugs... it was hard... I feel knackered but good at the same time. I have a few other things on my bucket list... :yes

Well worth it for the picture and the leg ache I think!

I'll put a few pictures on here in due course... not this evening though... shower next then I'm cooking myself steak and no doubt a bottle of red will be consumed on top of the Magners and then bed... :rofl:

• Like 1

Well done, John!! Love the photo, and look forward to seeing the rest of your views :D

Dee... climbing these peaks is probably no problem to younger folks with two good legs... but to me it's just amazing that I did it. When I parked my car and looked at the task I had set myself I did think I might get half way to the first peak... but to do both summits on the longest day of the year is something to remember. I have been thinking about it for ages and today I woke up with a leg that was feeling reasonably OK so I just went for it.

• Like 1

I think your fantastic John, and I am so pleased for you that finally you done it. Can't wait to see your pictures of the wonderfully scenery. Thats a smashing picture of you the person took, 

Brian sunk A few Magners like night and that was just because of spending the day in Thetford Forest with the three girls......I feel like I have been run over by a bus, and there is not as much as a flipping mole hill there!

Well done John xxx

• Like 1

Well done John. 

Is it bungee jumping next or sky diving?

In recent times I've started to tick a few things off... I've been to the Amazon and the Andes, done two hot air balloon flights and flown in an helicopter, flew with a friend who has a microlight. I fancy doing a glider flight.... there's lots of things I'd like to do though.

Edited by JohnP

That sounds great... I'll add that to my bucket list... :rofl:

spending the day in Thetford Forest with the three girls.....

When you go to Thetford with the 3 girls, can I come too? We could take Fuji or Colin with us.

• Like 2

Glad you made it at last, John.  :thumbup: 

I think you mentioned last year that you wanted to do it.

Tina... you have a good memory, I did say it was my next challenge just after I climbed Sugarloaf last October.