Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Three lighthouses

Martyn

Owning a camera has given me the passion to go to places that I would never have thought to visit. In Heysham there are three lighthouses within a few hundred yards of each other. I've decided I'm going to visit and photograph as many local lighthouses as I can find.

Near Naze 1 lighthouse, built in 1904 to serve the newly built Heysham harbour

14258268950_2f234c0357_b.jpg

Near Naze 2 lighthouse took over from the  No1 lighthouse some time later. It was a cast iron skeletal tower on a stone base but this was dismantled in 1916. The storm clouds were begining to roll in, I got wet on the walk back to the car

14465045933_2ba54098fa_b.jpg

South Pier lighthouse was built in 1904 and is still operational. You can see Blackpool tower in the distance

14266429727_3fa01bc77e_b.jpg

I do like the first two, the third seems to have a coloured halo around parts of the image Martyn.

Denis, you are absolutely right; what was I thinking. I think it was late, I was rushing, and I lost the plot. I need to slow down and come back to my images the next day and check them again. I've been guilty of posting some very poor work just lately. I've reset the image and processed it again, hopefully it will be better this time!

Number 3 works best for me - the colour and the composition are great.

Can't help but feel the vignette is a bit harsh, though - and those halos can be a bugger an' all.

An interesting project, good luck with it. Don't miss out the tiny lighthouse on the quay at Glasson Dock - it's reputed to be the smallest in the UK. I was walking in that area last Sunday.

Korky

An interesting project, good luck with it. Don't miss out the tiny lighthouse on the quay at Glasson Dock - it's reputed to be the smallest in the UK. I was walking in that area last Sunday.

Korky

I'd better check my photos for sad old geezer's then, I visited Glasson Dock on Sat and Sun :hope: .    Got the Glasson light and Plover Scar this weekend, plus nearly got myself arrested in Heysham trying to get a different view of the harbour.

Yes, check your pics to make sure I'm not in 'em. You'll easily recognise me, I'm just a bit shorter than Ronnie Corbett, I was wearing a string vest, shorts and flip-flops and I have a pair of copulating badgers tattooed on the back of my neck.

If you do happen to see me, clone me out. But leave the badgers in.

Korky

nice set Martyn - I see the gate is open on the first shot - are you permitted inside and able to climb to the top?

You can go inside but it is now virtually an empty tube open at the top. There is a length of old frayed rope hanging from the metal frame at the top, but I don't fancy risking that. The metal box that you can just about see on top of the structure it a weather station. Not sure whether the local weather (see what I just did there) is still recorded from the same spot but there is a tall post with wind speed sensors and solar panels next to the tower.

Archived