Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Fire in the sky.

It's been a pretty miserable day here today... until about 4pm that is and then the sun decides to come out. I took these shots through my lounge window. I used various zoom settings and selected sunset in scene mode on the camera.

147099551.jpg

147099554.jpg

147099556.jpg

147099558.jpg

147099560.jpg

147099562.jpg

147099565.jpg

lovely skies there john.

i too am a sucker for a sunset or a sunrise. we don't actually get either as our horizons are too high, but i drove home tonight from bury st edmunds and the sky was on fire just like john says.....there must have been one hell of a sunset going on down in the west country. i actually pulled over to take some snaps...........and then realized because it had been so grey when i left home i went out without a camera..............i could have cried.

Here's a question for you... where in the British Isles can you stand and watch the sunrise and then go back to the same spot in the evening and watch the sunset? I once tried this but unfortunately the sun wasn't playing when I visited the said place. I'll let this run for a while.

A clue... the sun rises and sets over the sea.

I'm sure you can do that at certain times of the year from Sheringham on the north Norfolk coast, but there has to be other places... :whistle:

I don't think I made it very clear so here's another attempt.

Where in the British Isles can you look east over the sea in the morning and watch the sunrise and return to exactly the same spot in the evening and look west over the sea to watch the sun set... with no land visible on either horizon.

Is it that lump of rock that sticks out of the sea a few hundred miles west of the Scottish Islands? Somebody went out there years ago and stuck a British flag on it. I can't remember its name.

That's Rockall... the place I'm referring to is much further south. It might be possible on Rockall, but you would have to be a rock climber and get to the top of the rock in order to look both east and west from the same spot. The place I'm talking about anyone could do it.

Much further south? I can only think of Ascension Island. It's British and it's in the middle of the Atlantic but it's not in the UK. How about The Needles which are somewhere south of Cornwall?

A big clue... it's very close to Cornwall.

The answer to my question is the Isles of Scilly and in particular the island of St Agnes, you need to stand on the islands most southerly tip. It might also be possible on the northern coasts of the Scottish islands of Orkney and Shetland but I'm not sure of this.

Archived