Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Araneus diadematus

Paul

10 hours ago, Paul said:

Thanks Cheryl. Yes this is the 85.

Paul.

I thought you used a Laowa 60mm lens, Paul, like mine. The reason I ask is because I’m interested in the comparison btn these two lens and whether you have experience with with both. 

Thanks Paul and Clicker. I’ve been using the 60mm for about 9mths. When shooting tiny subjects like insects, I can focus within a few inches but of course, many insects take off when you get close. Does the 85mm allow the same magnification from a bit further away? 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Clicker said:

I think there are three of us using  the LAOWA 60mm lens  now  that you have it to Cheryl ... I reckon  Paul must be getting commission ....😉

Commission lol... I wish. I think I would get something if someone buys from LAOWA directly from one of my links to the lens (but I've hundreds out there and nobody has yet!)

But I like to think that some of my photos help persuade people to buy one from somewhere at least. 😀

Paul.

1 hour ago, CMunzel said:

Thanks Paul and Clicker. I’ve been using the 60mm for about 9mths. When shooting tiny subjects like insects, I can focus within a few inches but of course, many insects take off when you get close. Does the 85mm allow the same magnification from a bit further away? 

Insects take off 95% of the time - even those without wings, lol...

I don't think there would be much in it. You'd need to be a few millimetres closer with the 60mm due its it smaller focal length.

Paul.

Edited by Paul
  • Thanks 1