Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Little Trains

Ryewolf

Taken at Embsay and Bolton Abbey Railway on Saturday.

For context for our non-UK members during the mid 1960's many none commercially viable branch lines were closed down, which allowed groups of people to buy the land, tracks and buildings to be preserved for future generations. They are usually run as charities and mainly staffed and run by volunteers, many of the steam engines were sold as scrap when British Rail phased out steam in favour of diesel trains, but were rescued and bought by Heritage Railway Groups.

Hunslet Works No 2705 No 7 Beatrice 0-6-0ST is a saddle tank engine, where the water tank sits on top of the boiler, well like a saddle on a horse.

no-7-beatrice-9649.jpg

no-7-beatrice-9650.jpg

no-7-beatrice-9677.jpg

Loco 52322 (L&YR 1300, LMS 12322 & BR 52322) 0-6-0, this engine is on loan from the East Lancs Railway and was built in 1895

loco-52322-9707.jpg

loco-52322-9713.jpg

• Like 1

I like it!  My favorite would be #3 from a photography stand point, I really like the composition.

From a rail fan I love them all. 

When I lived in northern California there were several heritage narrow gauge railroads mostly old logging lines. The locomotives were mostly geared Climax, Heisler and Shay. the shays were most common and the most fun to watch run with their vertical engines open crankshafts, drive lines and bevel gears.

• Like 2

Thanks Mark, these are standard UK gauge engines, the first one (Beatrice) was used at a colliery and the second was used hauling freight for Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway. They both use the same wheel arrangement a 0-6-0 (not sure the US uses the same wheel notation) which is number of leading wheels, number of driving wheels and number of trailing wheels.

3 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Thanks Mark, these are standard UK gauge engines, the first one (Beatrice) was used at a colliery and the second was used hauling freight for Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway. They both use the same wheel arrangement a 0-6-0 (not sure the US uses the same wheel notation) which is number of leading wheels, number of driving wheels and number of trailing wheels.

0-6-0 is pretty uncommon 2-6-2 and 2-6-4  are more common 2-8-2 very common. saddle tanks are pretty rare also.  we have a freshly restored 4-8-8-4 making rounds it runs on the main line mostly.

Edited by markknittle61