Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Delicate with a cast iron constitution....Galanthus Nivalis ( snowdrops )

Clicker

The first patch of snowdrops  are flowering on the banks of my pond  but I just could not get into a position to get the right angle to photograph them as  the banks were steep and  slippery and I risked falling into it  so I picked just  3 with a few leaves and brought them indoors  and decided a still life  would be a suitable  way to display them ... What amazing  little plants they are . Did you know that the leaves contain a  protein  with  a substance similar to antifreeze which stops ice crystals forming on them and damaging the cells . The frost  may well cause the  slender stems  to keel over  but the minute the temperature rises  they  spring back up again ! The leaves have hardened tips too that help them penetrate   frozen ground ... isn't Mother Nature  just  awesome  !

Tough little beggars ... appearances can be deceptive .

DSCF0227 ed1s.jpg

Competing  here with an equally fragile  glass version that  I watched being  made  in a little studio in Wales a couple of years ago ...

DSCF0230 ed1s.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Cheryl and Denis ... I took them in my kitchen  with the sun  peeking through a closed  curtain ..  with  a piece of painted board  behind them , under exposed  (and lightened selectively in Photoshop )and used  a wide open aperture on my 35mm prime .  ... it's all  about trying to find ways  to display ordinary things ...   some experiments work... most don't 😉

• Like 2