Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Hello all this is my first image post, I've long admired the people who can do this sort of stuff and about a year ago it really got the better of me and I had to jump in at the deep end and just do it for myself.

This one is a simple photograph with another under it from which it takes its colour, the figure was posed in an armchair and added on top.

Cheers - Jem

post-896-0-11315000-1393022011.jpg

It's great to see someone else willing to experiment......good for you.........more please!

Looking again, I feel that this pic may be improved by cropping some of the bank from the RHS, then a little off the top, to make a Square Crop?

FUJI

Thanks a lots guys nice of you all to comment.

I did try the square crop Fuji but I thought it lost the perspective enhanced by length of the sloping wall I darkened the lower right so the eye would go to the wall and down it to the figure and vice versa.  You might also see that the rough triangle created by the figure is mirrored in reverse by the foliage on the right which because it is larger than the figure also helps to enhance the perspective, notice how they lean away from each other. In the print there is quite a lot of detail in that corner and as it gradually lightens to the left or to the top right it becomes another way for the eye to travel to the figure, or vice versa.

I will post more thanks for your encouragement.

Cheers - Jim

Thanks Nanny very nice of you :-)

Hello Chris, in this case because the figure was in a chair I used the Pen tool to create a path and then converted it to a selection, contracted it by 2 pixels, smoothed it by 3 and feathered it by 0.5. I do use that so called "Quick Selection" tool occasionally but mostly it doesn't work unless there is a sharp contrast between the object I want and the background.

Cheers  - Jem

Thanks Nanny very nice of you :-)

Hello Chris, in this case because the figure was in a chair I used the Pen tool to create a path and then converted it to a selection, contracted it by 2 pixels, smoothed it by 3 and feathered it by 0.5. I do use that so called "Quick Selection" tool occasionally but mostly it doesn't work unless there is a sharp contrast between the object I want and the background.

Cheers  - Jem

Too right! But the magnetic lasso has been my 'friend' ever since I started using Photoshop (2.5 LE), especially since I discovered you can vary its sensitivity to edge contrast, and that it works much better if you zoom the picture.

Hello Chris,

We are talking of different tools in different versions of Photoshop, apologies I didn't realise.

Jim

No - my fault, I didn't explain myself properly : I started many years ago using Photoshop 2.5, then jumped to Photoshop 7, then CS and now CS2 (Photoshop 9). However the magnetic lasso has been a constant presence in all of them.

Thanks Richard nice of you to say so and Thanks Heather, if you would like a print I will gladly send you one.

Hello Chris,

I've used PS since Ver4 and never noticed the tool, what an ejit! I went to CS2 and there it was, then to CS6 and it ain't there they've replaced it with the Quick Selection tool, such is life :-)

Cheers - Jem

Thanks Richard nice of you to say so and Thanks Heather, if you would like a print I will gladly send you one.

Hello Chris,

I've used PS since Ver4 and never noticed the tool, what an ejit! I went to CS2 and there it was, then to CS6 and it ain't there they've replaced it with the Quick Selection tool, such is life :-)

Cheers - Jem

No, it's still there Jim - try this :

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-attract-with-the-magnetic-lasso-tool-in-pho.html

(Excuse me posting a 'dummies' link, but they're actually a very good series :) )

Just doing a catch up here, Jem, and it is waaayy beyond what I could do, BUT -

it was the colour that did it for me - my sort of colours,

AND, (don't think I'm really weird), the first things I noticed were that his left hand looks almost like some sort of Viper coming round, and his right leg, laid the way the foot is, looks sort of like another one!!

Sorry, - but I enjoyed looking and look forward to more. :D

Hello Kobione,

Thanks for your comment it's lovely to hear what people think especially something like this when I wanted to achieve anonymity with a fully covered figure. I never thought of a snaky connection but there are Adders to be found not far away some Lizards as well I've never seen any of them myself but I occasionally see a guy with an FZ100 who is into reptiles and knows where to find them. This knowledge may have influenced me subconsciously to put the figure in that costume in that particular image.

Cheers - Jim

Thanks Heather, if you would like a print I will gladly send you one.

thanks Jim, we are in the process of selling our house and moving at the moment but once ive got settled into a new house i may well come back and take you up on that offer :) 

Archived