Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Optimism

Black Pearl

Hi, BP,

YOu have started something now.....if that boy does find anything really interesting he will be hooked for life, on Metal Detecting and not Cameras like his dad.

It looks to me like a child's detector, these need a little getting used to because they seem to sound off at anything.........To have some success, he must learn to pre tune it to the ground conditions about to be detected on.

1: Hold the detector (OFF) up in the air, well off the ground, then turn the sensitivity dial until it sounds off, then wind it back slowly until it can only JUST be heard.......Now lower the search head to the ground, most go louder at this point, but, whichever, once again wind the sensitivity back until the signal ( at a no signal point) can only just be heard.....only then will the detector be usable at its best.

To search properly, use headphones so that the tiny signal is amplified but still can only just be heard, or even just as it is quiet.........Search by sweeping the search head from side to side keeping the underside at a constant centimetre above the ground, work slowly and with concentration........at the merest hint of a signal, use a small trowel to discover what it has found.....back fill beach holes as you go...

I began serious Metal Detecting after using a cheapy like yours to find a bit that fell off my old ZENIT film camera over 30 years ago, I became totally hooked, until I had three detectors, lots of amazing finds including a (reported) Roman Hoard, lots of Medieval and later silver, tons of artefacts, plus I used to pay for all parking and coffees whenever we went on a well used beach.

It was only the breaking of both legs that stopped me in my tracks.....I still have a go occassionaly.....

If he does get really keen, I might be able to pass on a professional Beach Detector......please let me know.

Good to see a kid enjoying the great outdoors.

FUJI

Denis:

Its a Precision Gold - Beginners Metal Detector. My mum said she would buy it for Dylan so went on Amazon and it got decent reviews.

Thomas got a childs one but he was too busy playing with his remote control spider this morning to brave the cold.

Fuji that is fantastic advice. I sort of got there but I'll give your fantastic advice a go tomorrow.

God inly knows if he finds anything worth money but we did find something so know it does work.

You are right there Leon, the good kit you can expect to pay out between £300 and £600, I have an old (now) C-Scope CS2MX that is really good for finding coins at depth. I also found a huge Roman brooch,  3 inches long, that has been dated to the first century. That came out the ground right after my mate swept the spot with his 'Bounty hunter' machine.

People still find the odd small gold nugget on our block, with modern detectors. We have heaps of old shell cases, nuts & bolts and plough shares that have been found - and I collect those.

Just tell us if you're heading our way, BP - The Potato Patch would probably yield something!!

Archived