Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A walk in the dark

Jon

So after a particularly "fraught" day at work (sounds better than sh*tty) I decided to grab the camera and take my pounding head down to the coast, queue the whole of Teesside grinding to a halt following a nasty rtc, so by the time I got the few miles to the coast it was rapidly heading for pitch black.  Out of spite I decided to have a tramp along the beach in the dark and decided to take some pics, because I sort of needed to - if you see what I mean.  Anyway, here's a couple of shots before the last of the light went

10562810005_91b93b621f_b.jpg

Click image to view large

10562865924_c8e3fce4e9_b.jpg

10563072723_7c234a84e8_b.jpg

10562820566_15805c9a06_b.jpg

What a great set Festcu, especially the last, the colours in that are really good. There is beauty within an industrial landscape that really doesnt get to be seen often enough. Despite the bad day, promise you will post more like this again!

Best way to de-stress is take you're camera out, put your eye to it, thus excluding everything in the world outside of the little black box and just concentrate on seeing things for their photogenic potential.

I do this as often as i can and it is the ONLY thing that keeps me sane.

I have to say, its a very close second to my beloved motorbike - I'll have to work out how to carry a tripod on the bike and then I'll be the least stressed ever :-)

Didn't think I'd get anything tonight so not bad at all.  The red lights in the last one are the offshore windfarm at Redcar, and the idea of the trip out with the camera was that a bit further down the coast the windfarm can be seen as 3 parallel lines of turbines - looks a bit like a runway - and I wanted to see if a decent pic could be made from it.

I do like an industrial landscape - there is a particular shot I want to get near hear, but every time i try the armed guards turn up before I get set up!  They are very polite, but they still carry guns (its near the nuclear power station) :-)

So after a particularly "fraught" day at work (sounds better than sh*tty) I decided to grab the camera and take my pounding head down to the coast, queue the whole of Teesside grinding to a halt following a nasty rtc, so by the time I got the few miles to the coast it was rapidly heading for pitch black.  Out of spite I decided to have a tramp along the beach in the dark and decided to take some pics, because I sort of needed to - if you see what I mean.

and I find the quietness of the evening is often the best time as it can show a colourful world not seen during the day.

Thanks everyone, must admit I am quite pleased with these - didn't expect anyone else to like them, if I'm honest.  There were a lot of blurred shots as it was windy as a very windy thing and there was a fair amount of experimentation with exposure times, but thats what I needed to sort my head, its very easy to forget how satisfying it is to get a shot that you like yourself, and it always astonishes me that anyone else likes them

Archived