Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Old Timers

Hi All, I had an email from Korky today. He said I had been naughty and he would excommunicate me if I didn't post a bit more - well something like that, so here goes.

I am starting off with a series of Infrared images,  IS ANYONE ELSE USING IR?

This image of the Coal Barn and an abandoned clinker built boat is from Thornham, North Norfolk which is one of my favourite place and is actually a panorama although it does not look like it but I needed to do it this way in order to get both elements ion the frame in the position and at the sizes I wanted. From the EXIF data for the a

day it looks as though I went out armed only with a 14mm (21mm) lens.

billa20170224014-Panops.thumb.jpg.77fd34767bd60b8f98a3acfb7f12056f.jpg

I sometimes wonder if we shouldn't do away with the like button. After all this is not Instagram or Facebook we are supposed to interact and clicking a button does not meet that criteria from me. However how would we deal with the poorer images? After all no one likes to say a negative truth do they and if we did then as typed words it seems much harsher than the spoken word. Personal opinion comes into as well I know. 

Anyway thank you for the comment - and the like of course :10_wink:

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I sometimes wonder if we shouldn't do away with the like button. After all this is not Instagram or Facebook we are supposed to interact and clicking a button does not meet that criteria from me.

Indeed! It's something that's crossed my mind on many occasions, but as you say, how would we deal with the poorer images? In truth, I honestly don't believe there is such an animal; education, advice, constructive criticism should always be the way to go. But we tend not to, fearing the member will get the hump we hit the Like button and move on. And i'm as guilty as anyone.

Oh, I just hit the Like button here too, because I do like the image. IR is not something I've tried and I don't have a spare camera to convert, so it might have to wait a while :yes

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Indeed! It's something that's crossed my mind on many occasions, but as you say, how would we deal with the poorer images? In truth, I honestly don't believe there is such an animal; education, advice, constructive criticism should always be the way to go. But we tend not to, fearing the member will get the hump we hit the Like button and move on. And i'm as guilty as anyone.

Oh, I just hit the Like button here too, because I do like the image. IR is not something I've tried and I don't have a spare camera to convert, so it might have to wait a while :yes

You could always institute a "This is awful" button :whistle:

I like your image Bill. The boat leaning over together with the light on the side of the boat makes for a real nice image.   

I got a good tip from your site a few weeks back in trying to figure out would my lee filter kit be ok with my x t2.  

I always enjoy your work, Bill - this one's no exception. For me, that composition is faultless.

Re the 'like' button - I don't really have an issue with it, but I always try to leave a comment as well rather than just 'like and run'. I joined a few Facebook groups, but very quickly got peed off with all the smiles and wows and one-word comments.

Korky

11 minutes ago, Korky said:

I always enjoy your work, Bill - this one's no exception. For me, that composition is faultless.

Re the 'like' button - I don't really have an issue with it, but I always try to leave a comment as well rather than just 'like and run'. I joined a few Facebook groups, but very quickly got peed off with all the smiles and wows and one-word comments.

Korky

I have threatened to chuck Facebook for the same reason.

26 minutes ago, kev7d said:

I like your image Bill. The boat leaning over together with the light on the side of the boat makes for a real nice image.   

I got a good tip from your site a few weeks back in trying to figure out would my lee filter kit be ok with my x t2.  

X-T2 is a great camera. I love mine.

2 hours ago, Korky said:

And now you have a nice, yellow box around your post to make it stand out and to give you a warm, rosy glow because you know that your work has been admired.

You won't get that on bloody Facebook!

Korky

Too right!

1 hour ago, JamesT said:

I've got a couple of rolls of IR film in the fridge, but I'm waiting till the conditions are more conducive.

I look forward to seeing the results in due course.

1 hour ago, AlphaBoo said:

Hello Bill, forgive my ignorance with IR photography but are you using a converted camera or filters?  Fantastic image, I love the composition 

Tony

I tried a couple of filters - waste of time and money. Virtually all, if not all, digital cameras incorporate a filter to exclude IR radiation. If you screw a filter on the lens to exclude visible light ...... well you can imagine! So I bit the bullet and had a conversion done by ACS in Norfolk. Great job, reasonable turnaround, happy customer. Make sure you choose a wavelength of filter to suit you beofre going down that road though. Mine is 830nm.

58 minutes ago, vanguard said:

I love the North Norfolk coast. We normally end up around brancaster or Wells next the sea.

It's a great area. My parents used to live in Brancaster Staithe and I used to visit every chance I got - many years ago. I had a dinghy there myself for a while. Thornham is just a couple of villages away towards Hunstanton.

Archived