Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

THIS COULD HAPPEN AGAIN......after Christmas

FUJI

Ah Yes!

I remember all too well the exceptionally hard winter of 1947.....then this one, said to be even worse in 1963......working on the building sites as a joiner was no joke......we chippies had a workshop in which to make joinery....the plumbers were kept busy with frozen pipes....but the poor brickies and painters were reduced to stick-chopping or being laid off with no wages.

I guess another winter like them is due again sometime......

wrap up warm.....folks

FUJI

Cheered me up no end that one has.

Time to grease-up my high-performance toboggan perhaps. The Chorley Pensioner Daredevils will be out if force if there's so much as a flurry of the white stuff. Last year, we had a few hours of heavy snosh and we took to the hills en masse. I can't quite remember how many of us there were, but our combined age was fourteen thousand and twenty six.

Send it down, we fear it not!

Korky

Edited by Korky
  • 2 weeks later...

Ooooh just found this ... Gosh I remember 1963... I was living in Westcliff on sea, and home fromBoarding school for Xmas. I remember the  sea actually froze at Shoeburyness... I think the temperature hardly got above freezing point from Xmas eve, for seven weeks till the first week in March..

I've got vague memories of that freeze, the best one being my primary-school (convent) teacher phoning my mum to come and take me home for not wearing the proper school uniform!  Mum had decided it was too cold to send any kid to school in shorts, so she brutally and horribly forced me to wear my jeans instead.  When the school phoned her, she went to see the nuns and tore them a new one for being so ridiculous to exclude a pupil for not wearing short trousers, in snow almost up to my knee-knobs.

Happy memories..... :4_joy:

• 2 weeks later...

All many years before I was thought of.... I do have some pictures somewhere of me in deep snow around 1980? ( I was 4-5 years old)  then again probably 5 years later I remember having enough snow to be able to roll snowballs taller than I was.....