Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Yellow Peril

Black Pearl

My mum's partner (Andy) has been investing in some serious macro kit and today I got a chance to try it out. The shot above was took using a fairly conventional macro lens - in this case an old Vivitar 90mm originally with a Minolta MD mount but adapted to fit a Fuji to bring it up to date. 

One of the bits of kit Andy has invested in is a Wemacro Rail - basically a computer controlled macro rail that can move the camera forwards and backwards in steps as small as 7um (microns) while at the same time firing the camera any number of times you require. This amazingly clever bit of kit in conjunction with three wirelessly controlled Godox flash heads can be programmed to take a picture, move the camera a fraction of a mm forward/backward then fire it again...and again and again until it has captured the entire depth of the subject you place in front of it. Once you have the files you can Focus Stack them to form one image with an extended depth of field. 

For the shot below I switched to the other bit of kit he bought - a microscope lens that fits onto the end of a 200mm infinity tube (or a 200mm lens) and gives you really rather extraordinary close ups. The final image is made of 86 original files (focus slices) and is my first attempt  so a bit iffy here and there....but you get an idea of what the combination is capable of.

Wasp Close.jpg

To give you an idea of what all that looks like in practice....

The rail itself with the camera screwed to the top plate...
Macro 2.jpg

A birds eye view of the infinity tube (A Carl Zeiss 200mm f4) with the APO Microscope lens on the front, the three flash guns and if you look carefully the wasp within a series of diffusers. The silver box to the right is the rail controller plugged into the rail itself and the camera so it can trigger the exposures.
Macro 3.jpg

Macro 1.jpg

Absolutely wonderful Robin..... you have made me miss my sold macro gear now.....I have a cheaper macro-stocking rail.

I really enjoyed creating macro stacks and using the software to bring them att together as one.....CS6 is pretty good at macro stacking too.

Good to see you off the beach, so to speak.....

If you want to grab a few shots of insects before winter arrives, Ivy flowers are full of pollen just now...find ivy in a sunny-fairly-warm position, and you should find the last of the wasps, a few bees and a hover fly or two desperate for the last of the summer nectar and pollen.

Don’t  forget also, those tiny, attractive springtails which live in leaf-litter in any weather....cute little critters.

Fuji

2 hours ago, John2 said:

That is seriously good quality.  The resolution you have achieved with the set up is just excellent.  The first one looked at in the larger version shows that in spades.  Interest shots and nice work.

The set up is amazing John and the level of control you have over the stacking is where the detail comes from. Can't wait to have another go.

1 hour ago, fuzzyedges said:

Brilliant results from some serious gear 

Does it not hurt the shoulder a bit when you are out in the bushes

Unfortunately it needs a mains supply - otherwise I'd carry it all over :innocent:

44 minutes ago, FUJI said:

Absolutely wonderful Robin..... you have made me miss my sold macro gear now.....I have a cheaper macro-stocking rail.

I really enjoyed creating macro stacks and using the software to bring them att together as one.....CS6 is pretty good at macro stacking too.

Good to see you off the beach, so to speak.....

If you want to grab a few shots of insects before winter arrives, Ivy flowers are full of pollen just now...find ivy in a sunny-fairly-warm position, and you should find the last of the wasps, a few bees and a hover fly or two desperate for the last of the summer nectar and pollen.

Don’t  forget also, those tiny, attractive springtails which live in leaf-litter in any weather....cute little critters.

Fuji

This gear is way beyond what I normally have access to but the results speak for themselves.

Look out for some more images from WearyLandcrab as some of the stuff he's producing is astonishing.......if a little gruesome.

Archived